Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with the fuse on the WF70F5E2W4X/EU

(Topic created on: 23-11-2020 01:09 PM)
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Hello,
I've seen a few reports of people having issues with Eco bubble washing machines cutting out or not powering on.
Ours failed during a cycle and then the next day no power. Whilst waiting for the repair engineer over a few days our electric tripped. Thought nothing of it until removing the washing machine ready for the repair.

The plug smelt funny and on closer inspection the fuse had melted and scorched the socket.

This machine is just under 5 years old. I find it strange that some of the questions on the phone during the technical quiz of the problem related to scorch marks around the plug socket. The engineer arrived and replaced the electric cable and also blown controller board..... handy having the spares already on the van.

Have Samsung a problem with boards and electrics in these machines???? Will we see a pattern in the next few years and see a denial of issues like the Hotpoint fires??

washer plug.jpeg

152 REPLIES 152
AndrewL
Options

@KirstyyeahReally sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. Please check your inbox by clicking on your profile picture in the top right > Messages, as I would like to collect some details from you to pass to the relevant team, who will be in touch to provide further assistance. 

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

still ongoing with them but they are not interested.  There are more and more cases reported...just like hotpoint years ago. will only take action if there is a risk to life, which a burning plug leading to a house fire could be. 

0 Likes
Rangers
First Poster
Options

 I BOUGHT A
SAMSUNG ECOBUBBLE 8KG WASHING MACHINE
PURCHASED INSTORE 13/03/2016
FIRE HAZARD PLUG AND WALL SOCKET DAMAGED SAFETY ISSUE HAVE HAD TO BUY NEW MACHINE LOOKING FOR REFUND AND ELECTRICIAN COST OF £60 REFUNDED AND COST OF REPLACING THE UNSAFE-MACHINE CURRYS JUST IGNORING ME SERIOUS FIRE HAZARD COULD HAVE CAUGHT MY HOUSE ON FIRE IF I WAS NOT IN TO DEAL WITH IT
CUSTOMER SERVICE TERRIBLE NO ONE WILL SPEAK TO ME GOING TO TAKE FURTHER ACTION AND IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO

A82DBFBB-FC4E-42AE-8FA0-538BC4422B12.jpeg

DannyT
Options

Hey there, @Rangers We've sent you a PM. Could you reply to us there? Head to Profile Pic (top right) then Messages. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

update to original post. 

There are more and more people reporting the electrical issues with the eco bubble range, not only on this web site but other consumer groups. 

Clearly Samsung are not interested. They still owe me for the £60 socket and wiring check and a replacement door that has been on going since June.  Every time I try to call they cut me off so I have emailed but that has been ignored on a number of occasions now. Perhaps “Jim ***" of the customer service team can contact me via this post?

0 Likes
Mum4
Student
Options

Same problem here!! Extremely worrying to think that this is a potential fire risk. 

As you can see from the picture the plug inside looks like it has been burnt and melted. Be grateful for someone to reach out to rectify this issue.

We purchased this machine on the strength of Samsung being a reputable company but if this an ongoing issue with these machines then we the customers need to know to prevent this issue turning tragic!

20201123_120640.jpg

AsadM
Options

Hi @Mum4 

I've sent you a PM regarding this. Could you reply to us there? Head to Profile Pic (top right) then Messages. 

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

I'm still waiting for my refund for the £60 damaged socket and correct replacement colour door.

I have emailed many times and been ignored....    also calls are cut off when you speak to an advisor over the phone.

Beyond a joke now that no one in Samsung will it it seriously.   All I can suggest is that any one with the issues emails watchdog@bbc.co.uk      

If anyone at Samsung would like to speak to me please DM

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

it's a shame no one can message me about my refund or incorrect new colour door fitted by Samsung.

will it take a death for Samsung to act?

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Hello, 

How old is your machine?  is it under warranty?

More and more people reporting the issue.   As a family we don't trust the machine even though Samsung say it's been repaired and safe no formal tests were carried out.   Having the engineer asking for a kitchen knife to cut the cable didn't fill me with any confidence.  

0 Likes