Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with the fuse on the WF70F5E2W4X/EU

(Topic created on: 27-09-2020 08:04 PM)
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Hello,
I've seen a few reports of people having issues with Eco bubble washing machines cutting out or not powering on.
Ours failed during a cycle and then the next day no power. Whilst waiting for the repair engineer over a few days our electric tripped. Thought nothing of it until removing the washing machine ready for the repair.

The plug smelt funny and on closer inspection the fuse had melted and scorched the socket.

This machine is just under 5 years old. I find it strange that some of the questions on the phone during the technical quiz of the problem related to scorch marks around the plug socket. The engineer arrived and replaced the electric cable and also blown controller board..... handy having the spares already on the van.

Have Samsung a problem with boards and electrics in these machines???? Will we see a pattern in the next few years and see a denial of issues like the Hotpoint fires??

washer plug.jpeg

152 REPLIES 152
AndrewL
Options

@MichelleR: Really sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. Please check your inbox by clicking on your profile picture in the top right > Messages, as I would like to collect some details from you to pass to the relevant team, who will be in touch to provide further assistance. 

0 Likes
MichelleR
Apprentice
Options

I have been talking to someone via email from the Product Liaison Team. I have just replied to there recent email with 101 questions about the issue 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MichelleR: I'm pleased to hear that you're getting the support you need. As you can imagine it's important to be thorough in instances such as this, so there will be a few things to clarify first of all before steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Interesting to see another person with the same issue.  How old is your machine ?

Have Samsung agreed to repair machine and socket?

I'm still in talks over the £60 I've spent on new socket and wiring check as the refund disclaimer they ask you to sign prevents you from talking about any issues.    This looks to be like the Hotpoint issue where known electrical issues were covered up for many years. 

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

A "big" coincidence but within an hour of posting a reply about keeping quiet for a refund, Samsung have closed my repair case via email.    Not heard off Samsung for over three weeks on the matter...... Samsung are clearly checking posts!

0 Likes
IkahGuilalas
First Poster
Options

Our eco bubble washing machine suddenly stopped and wont turn on anymore. What to do?

0 Likes
Zulf55
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have had exactly the same problem as described above. My wiring connected to the Samsung eco bubble suddenly melted and triggered cut off of electrics. I got electrics repaired, and then a week later the same thing, this time the plug melted. I then used another extension lead and the fuse part in the lead melted and fused. We then realised it was the machine. I tried to Google and after reading this post my suspicions were confirmed it as the washing machine. Thanks guys for creating this post, as I was totally baffled as the machine as still working throughout, but oddly the power was melting everything else. Anyone had a response as tongue reason for this though from Samsung?

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Samsung have tried to gag me by only paying for my socket repair of £60 if I sign a disclaimer to keep quiet about the problem. They deny issues just like Hotpoint did. Looks like it will take a death for Samsung to take notice.

How old is your machine?

Can anyone with the problem please send me an email address via PM.

If Samsung are reading this, I still have an outstanding repair logged since June that you closed last week after reading my previous post. The repair hasn’t even been booked or completed so I’m amazed how the repair status is complete!

Samsung customer services and those acting on behalf of the exec team are just shocking.

firestarter
Explorer
Options

how old is your machine?

0 Likes
Kirstyyeah
First Poster
Options

Mine has done the exact same yesterday did you get very far with samsung?