Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with the fuse on the WF70F5E2W4X/EU

(Topic created on: 19-05-2020 07:54 PM)
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Hello,
I've seen a few reports of people having issues with Eco bubble washing machines cutting out or not powering on.
Ours failed during a cycle and then the next day no power. Whilst waiting for the repair engineer over a few days our electric tripped. Thought nothing of it until removing the washing machine ready for the repair.

The plug smelt funny and on closer inspection the fuse had melted and scorched the socket.

This machine is just under 5 years old. I find it strange that some of the questions on the phone during the technical quiz of the problem related to scorch marks around the plug socket. The engineer arrived and replaced the electric cable and also blown controller board..... handy having the spares already on the van.

Have Samsung a problem with boards and electrics in these machines???? Will we see a pattern in the next few years and see a denial of issues like the Hotpoint fires??

washer plug.jpeg

150 REPLIES 150
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @firestarter ,

we take these matters seriously and we would like to pass your details to the relevant department to investigate this. Can you send us a message from here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 with your personal details and washing machine model code and serial number (these can be found inside the appliance's door on a white sticker).

Just so you’re aware if you have any questions about how we, Samsung Electronics UK Limited, use your personal information you can find out more at www.samsung.com/uk/info/privacy. This may include using your personal data to provide support related updates, and assess and improve the way we support our customers, including carrying out customer satisfaction surveys.

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options
message sent
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@firestarter: Hi there. Regarding the above, Please can you check your personal inbox by clicking on your profile picture at the top right of the page and selecting 'Messages'. I just needed to grab a few more details from you before the next steps can be taken. Thank you.
0 Likes
Fjamesm
Student
Options

Hi - we have had the same issue. It just switched off. After checking the fuse we noticed the melted casing. I tried replacing with a new fuse and it turns on and off and the new fuse is starting to get scorching on it. I am guessing this is a fire risk.

DF64F2BB-6604-481B-AD95-C7D249169C42.jpeg

AndrewL
Options
@Fjamesm: I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. Please can you check your inbox by clicking on your profile picture at the top right of the page and selecting 'Messages'. I would like to collect some details from you so I can pass them to the relevant team, who will contact you for further assistance.
0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Interesting, we are not the only ones to suffer this. I'm still in talks with Samsung as they did state machine should never had been repaired but then changed their mind as they claim it has been electrically  tested  during visit (but wasn't). Three visits so far and now left with a new door that is the wrong colour.

they got ours working by changing the cable (engineer used our kitchen knife to cut old cable off), but main controller board had blown. That was replaced  , then they said drum needed replacing, after this replacement door wouldn't shut. New door fitted  a week later but internal handle wrong colour.

Samsung agreed to pay for new socket and house electric check of £60 which I have done but for them to reimburse they require me to sign a disclaimer to keep quiet about all these issues. 

as far as I am concerned there are more reports of these issues and Samsung need to replace these fire risk related machines.  We switch ours off in between uses as we have no faith in it. 

What model and age of machine do you have?

Fjamesm
Student
Options

Hi Firestarter - It's the WF80F5E0W4W 8kg - bought in 2016. Already had the motherboard replaced last year because the machine failed (this appears to be another common problem). What age was yours? Thanks for your help

0 Likes
MichelleR
Apprentice
Options

I've had the exact same issue as you and the person above with my Samsung eco bubble washing machine

20200911_140639.jpg

20200911_140624.jpg

  

MichelleR
Apprentice
Options

The exact same as mines as well

20200911_140639.jpg

20200911_140624.jpg