Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mould inside Autodose compartment WW90T534 Samsung Washing Machine

(Topic created on: 02-04-2023 12:52 AM)
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

admittedly if might be a couple of months since I last cleaned it with a toothbrush and hot clean water - but look at it now! . WW90T534DAW Autodose Washing Machine series 5

334775384_768492024846991_3861683875647012184_n.jpg

I would just like to point you to the Advertising Blurb on the Currys website for the machine :
"- A Stay Clean drawer and Eco Drum Clean function gets rid of any detergent build-up"
ah right yes... a stay clean drawer - very interesting!!

And this off of the official Samsung site for this machine: 
stayclean.jpg

in reality this is what you get - it does not look clean to me!:
337230479_1264376411168947_8881178340603948896_n.jpg

Don't always believe everything you read and don't believe the hyped up manufacturers advertising! - no problem at all if they say "we stand by what we say (or advertise) or your money back"  - but they don't, once you have bought it that's it you are on your own!

Machine is just over a year old and I am happy with it on the whole - its just that when you do your research and certain features do not live up to their expectations when you read the advertising blurb ... well you do feel like you have been done over a bit or had or duped into buying!

our water is not really that hard where we are at all, the kettle in the kitchen doesn't seem to furr up and there is no limescale around the taps or sink. - so its a bit surprising there is quite a bit of limescale in the drawer housing

#ww90t534daw

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Good grief that left pump looks nasty. The stay clean claim is only really for the manual compartment which is a bit of a false advertisement since it never gets used on these machines (it's the 21st century though and that's how companies make money).
If the conditioner pump keeps getting blocked, try scent boosters in the drum instead and use a weak softener like Comfort Pure. That mould in the housing is unusual by the way. Definitely give it a good clean. I'm sure it's possible to take the lid off the tanks as well to wash out any residue in the tanks.

You could also try a trick to clean the pumps. Wash the tanks and pour in some lukewarm water and set the auto dose level to high. Run a 15 min quick wash (with only 1 rinse to save time) a few times and that will pump out any residue in the pump itself. Be sure to empty and dry the tanks before adding detergent and softener again.
dnateo
Journeyman
Options

I’ve had a series 8 for about three months and I’ve noticed mould on the manual dispenser. I’ve only used autodosing or in the drum capsules so not used the drawer.  I’ve done the drum clean option twice since having it. It didn’t remove the mould so I had to clean it myself. 

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
I've been using the same machine as you (only difference being the colour) for nearly 5 months and haven't spotted any mould. I do however do 60⁰C washes often (at least once a fortnight), so I'm wondering if the heat transferred up to the detergent drawer housing has an effect on preventing mould building up. I pretty much use detergents the same way as you have.
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
The drum clean only really cleans the inner and outer drum as well as the seal. It doesn't do a dispenser clean too, sadly.
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@EcoBubbleUser944 wrote:
The drum clean only really cleans the inner and outer drum as well as the seal. It doesn't do a dispenser clean too, sadly.

No thats right. Their blurb says specially designed powerful jets to clean the soap dispenser drawer and compartment "cleaner clothes start with a clean washing machine" - but i suspect these powerful jets in the soap dispenser housing are in the non-autodose machines only .

andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

@EcoBubbleUser944 wrote:
I've been using the same machine as you (only difference being the colour) for nearly 5 months and haven't spotted any mould. I do however do 60⁰C washes often (at least once a fortnight), so I'm wondering if the heat transferred up to the detergent drawer housing has an effect on preventing mould building up. I pretty much use detergents the same way as you have.

I do regular 60'c washing as well in my machine. If anything I find that moist and warmth (the warm/steam the from a 60'c wash) could be getting up into the soap dispenser housing then sitting there not being dried out properly would be a ideal breeding ground for mould. 

On the 'non' autodose machines - manufacturers will say "to dry out your machine properly, after every wash leave the porthole door of your washing machine and your soap dispenser out slightly to let air circulate and dry out the machine properly" 
But apart from it being inconvenience leave the autodose drawer open  (or removing it completely after every wash) to all dry out not only would it be inconvenient I would worry about the rubber seals at the back of the drawer on the autodose system wearing out more than they should doing that.

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Sorry! I take that all back now...20230424_180937_1000006882_1682356179.jpg20230424_180941_1000006881_1682356183.jpg
0 Likes
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
It's just a poor marketing logic in my opinion now. What manufacturers really should do, like Haier has started doing, is coat the detergent drawer and door seal with anti microbial materials.

I never had issues with mould on my WD806U4SAGD - a machine which apparently didn't have the stay clean feature.
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Indesit Moon door seal like stuff going on here. I believe this is the rubber which protects the button that indicates whether or not the dispenser is closed. Quite a hard spot to clean annoyingly. I also saw a little spot of mould on the top of the housing. 20230424_203424_1000006885_1682364882.jpg20230424_203439(1)_1000006884_1682364929.jpg
0 Likes