Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model WW90T684

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 09:00 AM)
athlonoc
Apprentice
Options

I have purchased the above model and I cant seem to find an answer to the eco wash setting.

This machine has a cycle called Eco 40-60

Does this mean it will automatically select a wash temperature between 40 and 60 or does this mean it will wash at an unknown temperature for clothes that are labelled between 40 and 60?

Go to solution
23 REPLIES 23
JB2468
First Poster
Options

Hi,
Did anybody ever get a definitive answer from Samsung on this?
I'm guessing not - I certainly haven't after 3 Chat sessions with Samsung Technical Support (who read the manual) before transferring me to Samsung Sales, who suggested they transfer me to Samsung Technical Support.

I did get one helpful person who passed the query another group for a "more in depth check", the info was to be sent via SMS, I waited in anticipation... Shouldn't have bothered as I received the following SMS, "This mean, it will automatically select a wash temperature between 40 and 60

Gupster's post above from his manual is pretty definitive but the manual for my washer (WW90T684DLH/S1) includes no such detail.

When I think about it it makes sense that the temperature used would be 40 (or below) to ensure clothing that cannot be washed above 40 is not ruined. However on digging through one  of the WD******* model instructions it does indicate a temp above 40 can be used for certain models - highlighted below

Capture.JPG

It would be great if Samsung could ACTUALLY confirm, rather than our collective musings on the subject

0 Likes
TyneA1
Apprentice
Options

I have a WW90T534DAW, I have attached a screen shot of my manual.

TyneA1_0-1673777798742.png

Your machine fits in the same group as mine, the second group down.  It tells you the temps there.  Heats to 21C or 27C or 31C depending on load and changes the wash time.  If I use this program I always add another rinse (total 3) so it takes around 3hrs when you first set it away.  Most of the time I must be in the 21 to 27 C range as its never taken 3:48.  I always turn off auto dose and use powder if I use this program to try and eliminate any microbes.

aaronsace
First Poster
Options

The 40-60 programme is a new eco 40-60 programme for household washing machines and washer-dryers that can clean normally soiled cotton laundry declared to be washable at 40 °C or 60 °C, together in the same washing cycle. The programme is mandatory for all washing machines and washer-dryers in the European Union since March 2021. The programme is the most efficient in terms of energy and water consumption and has an energy efficiency index (EEI) that determines its energy efficiency class from A to G. The programme also helps to reduce the environmental impact of laundry and save money on electricity and water bills. The programme duration, water consumption, spin-drying efficiency and airborne acoustic noise emissions are displayed on the energy label of the washing machine or washer-dryer. The programme may have a different name or symbol depending on the brand and model of the appliance. The programme is suitable for most types of cotton laundry, but not for delicate fabrics, wool, silk, or garments that have special care instructions. The programme is based on a new regulation that establishes the requirements for the labelling and the provision of supplementary product information on household washing machines and washer-dryers.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32019R2014

0 Likes
aaronsace
First Poster
Options
0 Likes