Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model WW90T684

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 09:00 AM)
athlonoc
Apprentice
Options

I have purchased the above model and I cant seem to find an answer to the eco wash setting.

This machine has a cycle called Eco 40-60

Does this mean it will automatically select a wash temperature between 40 and 60 or does this mean it will wash at an unknown temperature for clothes that are labelled between 40 and 60?

Go to solution
23 REPLIES 23
Gupster
Student
Options

No I don't say, Samsung does in their manual. check your model spec listed at the back for your model.

considering how little electricity it uses, I can not see how it heats the water very much.

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 15.25.30.png

TCLeics
Apprentice
Options
I think the water actually stays cold! I am using that cycle at the minute, if the water was heating, my smart meter high usage light would come on, but hasn't.
0 Likes
TCLeics
Apprentice
Options
Further to my above comment, the smart meter showed very little use of electricity for the whole wash cycle, so I'm sure it doesn't heat the water.
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

.. and how clean did you find the laundry come out at the end of the cycle? - still nice and clean as if it had been washed in hot water?

0 Likes
TyneA1
Apprentice
Options

Just tried mine on Eco 40-60, it is running now. I have the smart meter display next to me and its hardly gone up, it has stayed on green. I am wondering, the heating is on so the washer is probably at 20-21C. My utility room sink tap takes a while to run to get cold, so maybe if the washer is at 21C and the water is at 21C it does not need to heart up. I would have to get 9kg in to see if it heated to 31C.

My model it states,  21C for 2.5kg, 27C for 4.5kg, 31C for 9kg

0 Likes
TCLeics
Apprentice
Options
Mine was not dirty clothing, so couldn't say if would work on soiled clothing, although most washing detergents now say they are effective on low temperatures. I certainly didn't see my orange light come on the smart meter all the way through and the glass door felt cool. It virtually used less than 10p of the meter.
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

thanks - i might give that cycle a go one day and see how it washes, not on underwear I would not trust it or heavy dirty items but if stuff isnt too dirty it might be OK

0 Likes
soapy-ahhs
First Poster
Options

Still seems like we have no conclusive evidence here. I’m going to do this cycle and set it to no rinse, no spin. Then I’ll open the door immediately after the cycle has complete and do a temp check with my thermometer gun. I’ll post update soon.  

Chellb
First Poster
Options
Hi, did you get a temperature reading for this at all please?
0 Likes
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

No the last rinse is at 20 on all cycles. The 40/60 cycle is a eco EU thing to standardise washes and see the power consumption. Most washers can do well enough on the quick wash that as shown in the table above uses vastly less. If you have bubble soak adding an extra 30 min soak helps too and ads only 15% energy use.

0 Likes