Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model WW90T684

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 09:00 AM)
athlonoc
Apprentice
Options

I have purchased the above model and I cant seem to find an answer to the eco wash setting.

This machine has a cycle called Eco 40-60

Does this mean it will automatically select a wash temperature between 40 and 60 or does this mean it will wash at an unknown temperature for clothes that are labelled between 40 and 60?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
athlonoc
Apprentice
Options

Hi both,

It would seem that the setting is for clothes or fabrics that are rated with a wash setting between these two temperatures. It doesn't mean that it chooses what temperature to use. As it is an Eco setting the likely hood is that it will wash at a temperature between 30 and 40 even though there are clothes that have a wash label of 60. 

We have used it for a couple of weeks mainly on eco and although it takes ages we have to trust that it is the most economical wash setting for power and water. 

So far so good.

Hope this helps alleviate your worries too.

View solution in context

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
binnsy01
First Poster
Options

I'm also looking for the answer to this, I can't seem to find anything that indicates what temperature this wash actually runs at. Has anyone had any luck?

JMSB
First Poster
Options

I also am confused by the description. I want to use the most eco friendly option, however most clothes are either 30c or 40c. Only my towels & bedding go up to 60c.

It says it automatically chooses the setting, but how can it know what I’ve put in there. I daren’t use it for this reason.

It seems like a totally redundant cycle as you have no control over the temperature. 

Solution
athlonoc
Apprentice
Options

Hi both,

It would seem that the setting is for clothes or fabrics that are rated with a wash setting between these two temperatures. It doesn't mean that it chooses what temperature to use. As it is an Eco setting the likely hood is that it will wash at a temperature between 30 and 40 even though there are clothes that have a wash label of 60. 

We have used it for a couple of weeks mainly on eco and although it takes ages we have to trust that it is the most economical wash setting for power and water. 

So far so good.

Hope this helps alleviate your worries too.

0 Likes
Eco Newbie
First Poster
Options

Sorry to reopen this query, but I am still a little confused. Can you definitively say that Eco 40-60 is OK for my clothes with a label of 40C on them. Clearly I don't want to ruin them in a 60C wash. The response is a little unclear in that it says the likelyhood is  that it will wash at a temperature between 30 and 40 - can anyone confirm this?

AndrewL
Options

@Eco Newbie: I've had  a look into this, and the user manual states that the Eco 40-60 cycle is for cleaning normally soiled cotton items which are declared to be washable at 40 °C OR 60 °C, together in the same cycle. With this in mind you will be fine to wash cotton items with a 40c label on this cycle. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
danbax
First Poster
Options

I don't think it means that at all. If it did, people would understand it and there would be no ambiguity. The wording is terrible. How can it be possible for an appliance manufacturer to not provide the actual temperature which the machine will operate at?

TyneA1
Apprentice
Options

I have a similar machine and also an IR thermometer, so you point it at an object, press the trigger and it tells you the temp.  On the Eco 40-60 mine only heats up to 20C when I take the temp inside the drum through the glass.  I assume its why it takes so long. 

0 Likes
Gupster
Student
Options

The manual for mine (different model) has tables in the back and implies it’s from 23-32 depending in the size of load. This varies between models listed in the table but is in the same ball park. The hottest listed is 36.

Members_zyUuSrY
First Poster
Options

This is not a solution! You say it will likely use a lower temp. On my machine both 40 and 60 light up. I am not going to take the risk of putting 40max clothes in if they won't tell me just based on your guess!