Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIM-E03CN PV connection

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 01:02 PM)
Joni5
Student
Options

Hi,

Hope somebody can help, I have a Samsung heatpump with the MIM-E03CN control kit. I also have a PV system. The MIM-E03CN has a PV input. They are not connected in any way. I'm hoping there is some benefit to connecting the 2. However the install manual does not state what signal can be connected here and what benefits this might have. What I'm hoping is that excess PV can be diverted into my hot water storage tank via the heatpump. :smiling-face:

Thanks, Jonathan

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Olaffe
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

did you ever find out, how to connect the PV?
I am looking to do exactly the same thing.

Thanks, Olaf

0 Likes
Claiton
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I am looking for the same setup on my heatpump, did anyone find out how this connection is made? Would appreciate any pointers.

thanks!

0 Likes
Joni5
Student
Options

Hello Olaf + Claiton

Yes I did find out how to use this input, it is an input for some volt free contacts (Relay contacts). Bridge the 2 pins to activate PV mode.

Once activated the heat pump will run and heat your hot water up to 55°C then the immersion heater will run and get it up to 65°C. So all in all it does what I wanted it to. 😁

Olaffe
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the info Jonathan!

Is that an immersion heater from a climate hub, or if not, how is it connected? 
I have a separate buffer and hot water buffer/boiler

0 Likes
mazvis
First Poster
Options

how did you manage to connect it? Did engineer came to connect or is it straightforward to connect it yourself? I just got solar panels installed with Solis inverted and looking to hook them up.. any information how to do that would be useful.

0 Likes