Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microwave MC28M6055CW Crusty Pan on High Rack causes arcing

(Topic created on: 13-02-2023 07:24 PM)
FieryPhoenix
Student
Options

Hi

I've just purchased the above microwave today and am going through the manual and trying out the Smart functions. 

I tried cooking some frozen chips using the Auto Hot Blast function. The manual recommends putting the chips in the crusty pan and placing it on the high rack. I tried this but the crusty pan touches the back of the microwave and it starts arcing. I contacted support who asked me to check that the turntable was placed correctly, which it was. I tried cooking it without the rack, just the crusty plate and it was fine. But I'm not going to use the crusty pan / high rack function again as it's too dangerous. I believe it's badly designed and the crusty pan is too big. Support offered me a refund but I don't want a refund, I just won't use that facility again. Has anyone else had this problem? 

13 REPLIES 13
PazzaNo1
Student
Options

I know this is an old thread but I have a solution. It happens when the crusty pan touches the back of the microwave.

When using the high rack (i have never used the low one)

1 Make sure the rack is fairly central and all feet are on the plate. 

2 Then make sure the crusty pan is centred from left to right. Push the crusy pan straight back until it touches the back.

3 Then move it toward you until there is about 1cm of space. Then it cannot touch the back when rotating. 

If you do this it will never happen again As long as the rack doesn't slide about after positioning.  I also think the rack feet are rubbish too. 

Hope this helps anyone searching for it as I did today. I never bothered reporting it due to laziness. 

0 Likes
Cobwebs
Explorer
Options

Yes I sussed that out, but sometimes when you are in a rush it's easy not to faff about.

I got fed up in the end and sent mine back and got the front opening drop door version. Much better as there's more room inside and no way the rack or plate can touch the oven walls anywhere. 

The 28L is a very very bad design in my opinion.  Hopefully you're tip will help others who are stuck with the 28L and having the same issues.

PazzaNo1
Student
Options

Wish I had your resolve. I kept meaning to send it back. Its amazing apart from that though. Best ever sausages! 

Sorry I was preaching to the converted or whatever the saying is . 

0 Likes
Cobwebs
Explorer
Options

Well it wasn't all plain sailing. I had 5 replacement's for the bigger version (32L) that model has its own problems. The doors steam up between the two glass panels on the door. I gave up after the 5th one and kept it, but it's really annoying. If you cook anything with any moisture in, the door fills with condensation between the glass screens and you can't see inside. Samsung told me in the end 'they're designed to do that'. I don't believe that, I've always had Samsung microwaves before and this was the first time I've had that problem.

Apart from that the Hotblast microwaves, both 28L and 32L are amazing machines. Just a big pity they both have their own unique problems. It put me off Samsung to be honest, but I doubt I'll be getting another Hotblast.

I've also got their combi model before the Hotblast, just a basic convection/grill/microwave and it's brilliant, and none of the faults that you get with the Hotblast models.  I rarely use my Hotblast now, I've got a couple of Ninja Air Fryers instead, the dual zone which is the best gadget ever and the 11 in 1 which does just about everything except wash up. lol

Enjoy your Hotblast, they are amazing! 

0 Likes