Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC28M6075CS Microwave Oven, semi-responsive buttons

(Topic created on: 23-11-2021 11:51 AM)
Mishima
First Poster
Options

Hi, this microwave is coming up to 3 years (guarantee only covered 2 years) of use and some of the buttons seem to be responsive only under certain conditions.

• The START/+30S button only turns on the microwave with 30s on the timer if ECO mode is activated first. Pressing it to add 30S once the microwave is on works as normal.
  • Slim Fry only responds if ECO mode activated first.
  • Dough Proof/Yoghurt responds, but unable to activate any of the functions with the START/+30S button.
  • The other functions are working and responding fine majority of the time, or after ECO mode is activated

Things I've tried so far:

• Turning the Child Lock on and off again.
  • Shutting off the power, unplugging and leaving it alone for 10mins (attempted twice).
  • Wiping down the inside, door hinges, latches and control panel.
  • Used a blunt needle around the edges of STOP and START button in case of debris

Any suggestions or help appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
notyetfamousUK
First Poster
Options

i'm having exact same problems to the letter!

AntL
Student
Options

Same problem here, to the letter. Did anyone found a solution ?

0 Likes
AntL
Student
Options

0 Likes
1947pgs
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem with the 30 second button, have you been given any solution?

0 Likes
ElDuKe
Journeyman
Options

We have the MC28M6055CK and this issue has just started happening with ours.
Havent tested the other issues you mention...

• The START/+30S button only turns on the microwave with 30s on the timer if ECO mode is activated first. Pressing it to add 30S once the microwave is on works as normal.
0 Likes
1947pgs
First Poster
Options

Fortunately our microwave was still under warranty.  Spoke to Samsung helpline (in Korea? but UK telephone number) and engineer came and replaced the control panel assembly and we have a fully functioning microwave again! 😊

0 Likes