Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Machine Stops 15 mins into the drying cycle.

(Topic created on: 01-02-2017 09:36 AM)
Nosfy
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys.

Looking for some help and Samsung customer service have been pretty poor so far.

My Washing Machine (WD80J6410AX) has started to stop 15mins into any drying cycle we choose. The washing cycles are 100% fine but when it come to drying it just stops. There are no errors displayed or anything.

I have literally tried everything I can think of (reduce load, clean it all, run calibration etc.).

Any ideas? Or anyone experiences this before?

Thanks.,

11 REPLIES 11
AntS
Options

Hi Nosfy. :smileyhappy:

Just to confirm what you've tried already, have you checked that the machine is definitely level?

What about the load? For example, heavier items such as towels, rugs and jeans get heavier when wet, can gather at one side of the drum and cause it spin in an unbalanced way (a possible cause of the stoppages).

0 Likes
IonutClaudiuB
Explorer
Options

k

0 Likes
Macleanac
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever get a resoloution to this? Mine had just started playing up.

machine has had all filters cleaned, waste pipe cleaned outand  a recalibrattion.

Even with a very light load its still cutting out exactly 15 minutes in.

0 Likes
Dootsy
Apprentice
Options

It’s now happening to mine - any resolutions, please?

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Dootsy: check out this handy guide for tips on what to do if your machine stops spinning.
https://www.samsung.com/in/support/home-appliances/what-to-do-when-samsung-washing-machine-does-not-...
If your issue persists then give Samsung a call on 0330 726 7864 where an advisor will be able to arrange an engineers inspection.
0 Likes
Dootsy
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the response - it’s just the dry cycles not the spin, so I’ll call the customer services
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all. 

I've removed posts advising a procedure that could potentially lead to physical harm to customers. Please read the Community Terms of Service.

As per AndrewL's post above, we would urge users to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance should the advised troubleshooting not work in your case; and also to only have work on your appliance carried out by approved Samsung engineers.

Dootsy
Apprentice
Options

Turns out that it was clogged with lint - but nowhere as a consumer I would be expected to clean - it was clogged up in the fan. Hence it could not cool down the element. Engineer cleaned it out and seems to be fine

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's great news, @Dootsy. Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes