Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liquid Detergent

(Topic created on: 27-01-2023 12:23 PM)
Josephine3
Apprentice
Options

The latest washing pods contain fabric conditioner and should be placed in the empty drum near to the bottom before loading.  I note however in the instruction booklet that for a couple of wash cycles including delicates, liquid detergent has a warning triangle for use only.  How important is this, and will the 3-in-one pods suffice?  (They do contain liquid after all)

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

hello - what do you mean "warning triangle for use only" ? 
did you mean "warning triangle for short use only" or something like that?  
and are you referring to instruction booklet of washing machine?
and what model number is your washing machine, does it have autodose feature or not autodose?

0 Likes
Josephine3
Apprentice
Options

I have  WW90TA046TE model brand new.  In the Samsung instruction booklet for using the machine, on page 32 there is a black triangle against two cycles (delicates and wool) indicating liquid detergent only.    I don't see auto dose mentioned anywhere.

0 Likes
Solution
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

ah right yes I see - your machine does not have autodose, so not to worry about that. 

So yeah, all they are saying is using powder instead of liquid is not recommended for delicates and wool 

0 Likes
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Josephine3 ,

I have had a look at this and it seems that this is a recommendation as this kind of clothes are delicate so powder and other products may damage the fabrics. Before using the pods please do check the clothes labels to see if they do accept softener. 

0 Likes
Josephine3
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks for your help.  I think pods will be the choice of most now (though maybe not so much in this present economic climate) for ease of use.  Delighted with my first washday, did a cotton cycle which was fine, but then did a delicate one but found the clothes were wet at the end of this one so did a drain and rinse.  What should I have done to get a delicate wash but a high or higher spin?  My old machine was only 6 kg so 9 kg cut three washes into two now - hurray!

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

delicates do need a slow spin, fast spins will ruin the delicate fabric, if not immediately then over an amount of time - slow spin will minimise the creases on delicate fabrics too - but of course getting a shorter slower spin time the items will come out wetter than doing a spin for cottons at 1400rpm and a long spin time , thats because most cottons are rigorous and can stand that fast spin speed and longer spin duration

0 Likes
Josephine3
Apprentice
Options

Yes, a slow spin, but not sopping wet!   Could not put that into the dryer on low heat as it was almost dripping.  Is there no way of increasing spin speed on delicate cycle?

0 Likes
Solution
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Josephine3 wrote:
  Is there no way of increasing spin speed on delicate cycle?

not increase past the maximum spin speed on delicates  ... only lower it. 

if you really want to you could (after the delicates cycle has finished) you can just select drain and spin only and go right up to 1400rpm if you wanted to , but you have to be aware that it could damage your delicates - when the drum spins the faster it spins the more it will centrifugally throw your items to the edge wall of the drum - your delicates could end up either tearing/ripping, or marks left in them from the drum pattern/holes or stretch . ... but yes they will be dryer 🙂

Why not try as a test after the delicates cycle, the same 800rpm spin speed ... but a longer duration spin speed @800rpm and see if that makes them a bit drier but without ruining them? 

0 Likes