Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Liquid detergent safe for Front load WW75K?

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 12:23 AM)
jakev
Student
Options

Hi there,

I have a concern regarding my aunt's new front load washing machine, model WW75K. She said she used liquid detergent on her first few uses, but the model she has is clearly designed for powder detergent as seen on the detergent compartment's design and manual (left most compartment):

118844315_801438073992786_3382224923587553778_n.jpg

My question is, is it safe for her to continue using liquid detergent for this machine or do I need to tell her to switch to using powder? Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
A quick check of the User Guide/Manual for (at least a couple of the sub-varieties of) the WW75K series of washing machines (it's freely downloadable if you Google it) mentions there's a special liquid detergent container that you can put into the left most drawer (available for some versions) and then you just add the liquid detergent to this container. The idea is that its best if the detergent goes into the drum in a diluted state rather than all being washed in in a concentrated form when the fist gush of water enters the detergent drawer. If you can't find such a container (perhaps with the manual/bits and pieces that would have come with the machine when new, it may be possible to buy one or I cant see why you couldnt just pour the liquid detergent into the drawer gradually as the washing machine is filling - that would have the same effect. otherwise you could pre-mix the detergent with warm water in a bottle and tip that into the detergent drawer when the machine starts to fill. Personally I do the latter when using liquid detergent with my washing machine because the warm water helps dissolve the detergent and slight reduces the time otherwise taken by the machine to heat the water in the drum (but then my washing machine only takes in cold water).
0 Likes
jakev
Student
Options

Thanks for your input. I have the manual handy with me and I have been looking for the Type 2 dispenser which has the control for liquid detergent. Sadly, it's rare to find.

But, I do like the idea of getting the liquid detergent diluted first. Thanks for this, and I've advised my aunt to do this for the time being.

0 Likes
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
if its anything like other washing machine brands, normally third party parts distributors sell this sort of thing. Remember it's normally a little container that clips into (or out of) the existing detergent dispenser drawer (as shown on pg 28 of the online manual so I'm not sure what you mean by a Type 2 dispenser.
0 Likes