Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jet Bot 80+ in a two floor house

(Topic created on: 22-07-2022 03:19 AM)
EmilJ
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm thinking about buying a Samsung Jet Bot 80+ for my two floor villa but after reading a review from one user I'm a bit unsure. According to this review the Jet bot must always start from the base station, otherwise it get lost. This would mean that you have to unplug the base station and carry that, together with the Jet Bot up the stair each time. If the review is correct you also "reset" the internal map each time you change floor...  Is it only designed for a one floor apartment?

Anyone that know if this is correct or not?

The review (in Norwegian):

Den støvsugde godt der den nådde men mangler blant annet støtte for flere rom og etasjer. All bruk må skje fra basestasjon og det er maks ett "kart". Da den ikke klarte våre 2,5cm dørkarmer fikk den ikke ikke støvsuget andre rom. Om du plukker den opp kan du ikke sette den i ett annet rom og be den vaske der, den vil kun tilbake til basestasjonen. Skal du f.eks støvsuge ett annet rom må du ta med basestasjonen (og strøm), mappe opp rommet (som sletter kartet du hadde, ink. alle settings med soner du ikke vil vaske) og så vasker den. Sikkert fin for de som bor på 1 flate med dørkarmer under 1 cm. Ellers løser andre robotstøvsugere flerroms og multi etasjer mye bedre.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Artsnel
Apprentice
Options

Hi EmilJ,  Did you ever manage to figure out if the Jet Bot can clean a house with multiple storeys?

0 Likes
Members_mEiln87
Apprentice
Options

Yeah I'm curious if you got this working. 

Thinking outside the box you may be able to put in absolute corner of house on floor  1 and opposite corner of house on second floor so you map out 1 single map but left is one floor and right is second floor.. Just clean rooms assigned to left on one day and set to clean rooms on right second day.  ( As long as you manually move to same location on assigned days

Just a thought. 

0 Likes
Artsnel
Apprentice
Options

I find your ingenuity remarkable.

I had contact with Samsung helpdesk and they confirmed that 1) it's one map only (and no multi-map update planned), and 2) that it can also clean without a map. I think that with a multi-storey place, you just choose one storey for the map, and the other ones will be cleaned by the automatic cleaning program, whatever that may be. I assume it's by a kind of generic cleaning pattern going through the whole space. 

Online I encountered that people bought a robot per floor.

We went for another brand that offered more maps.

Members_mEiln87
Apprentice
Options

Which brand and curios if my idea worked for you

Just ordered Samsung version but waiting for it to arrive to test. I have 30 days to return if not happy. 

0 Likes
Artsnel
Apprentice
Options

It's an American brand, a well-known producer of robot vacuums.

We bought an older advanced model on discount and so far no regrets. It has multiple maps (we use two so far) and is very handy in use.

0 Likes
Members_mEiln87
Apprentice
Options

Just for anyone else that finds this thread. 

Having owned for a month I developed two behaviours which work for me. 

1) I keep the dock and bot down stairs as our common area as this has the most activity and I create the map.  On weekends i bring both up stairs, delete map and send it to discover then run a  full cleaning of second floor. On  Monday i bring back downstairs and recreate map and set schedules. 

2) if I need second floor cleaned for any purpose as a quick run, i simply bring bot upstairs, and hit the power button. it detects its not beside Dock and simply runs random pattern clean. for  a single room I do the same but simply close the door. 

Not ideal but works for us instead of spending a  fortune on another. 

inbredwomble
Student
Options
You can now add multiple maps and have the vacume de ide where it is. So it handles multiple maps well now.

If there isn't a base station on the floor you are on it will come back to the position you started it at asking for a charge.
jimbohall
First Poster
Options
How do you add thec second map? There doesn't seem to be the option in the app.
0 Likes