Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with emergency drain hose

(Topic created on: 05-07-2019 10:39 PM)
Ladylu505
Apprentice
Options

Hi we found water in the drum of our eco bubble washing machine/dryer so we tried to do the emergency drain. We followed the instructions to pull the hose out from the front of the washing machine. However the hose will only come out about an inch so we cant pull it out enough to put it above a bowl/container to collect the water in. Any advice?

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I've exactly the same issue, spent most of the afternoon trying to get the hose back out and as I am a single female cant move the machine at all so am  waiting for an engineer to come on Monday to sort it out. Fingers 🤞and hope it doesn't cost too much to rectify.

Absolute pain in the wotsit.

Really poor manufacturing design by Samsung.

Will def act on tip to apply something to it so to prevent it happening again. 

0 Likes
Gail2
First Poster
Options

The emergency drain hose has gone 

0 Likes
PhilH7
Explorer
Options

Gail2,

if you can tilt the machine to get to the bottom panel, take out the few screws and the bottom panel comes away. You can then feed the pipe back through and replace bottom panel. Poor design as shouldn’t be able to fall through the hole - put tape around end to stop a repeat! Good luck!

Phil.

0 Likes
Showers53
Student
Options

Hi I totally agree about the design, and how do they expect you to get a bowl underneath such a small pipe in the first place. I have also let the pipe go into the machine but unfortunately I cannot tip it over so will have to get the engineer to do it.

0 Likes
Showers53
Student
Options

How do you manage to reach the pipe?

0 Likes
PhilH7
Explorer
Options

Showers53,

You can try to grip it with tweezers through the little hole - we couldn't get enough grip, so called the engineer! All he did was pull the machine forward from under the kitchen unit, lean it forward (can do sideways or backwards if easier) then removed the base and fed it back through. A waste of money as they could have advised me to do that! Really bad design. Good luck - hope you can resolve yourself without having to get an engineer!

Phil.

0 Likes
KCCoff
Journeyman
Options

I used a pair of needle-nose pliers and carefully "grabbed" hold of the side of the tube. I gently pulled it out far enough to be able to keep hold so I could replace the cap. Next time, AS SOON AS I PULL IT OUT, I will put a clip on it or wrap a thick rubber-band around it, anything to keep it from sliding back into the hole. What a terrible design!

0 Likes
KCCoff
Journeyman
Options

I used a pair of needle-nose pliers and carefully "grabbed" hold of the side of the tube. I gently pulled it out far enough to be able to keep hold so I could replace the cap. Next time, AS SOON AS I PULL IT OUT, I will put a clip on it or wrap a thick rubber-band around it, anything to keep it from sliding back into the hole. 

0 Likes
Gus Wiseman
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Reading this forum just makes me so annoyed Samsung hasn't fixed such a simple design flaw. We have just had the same problem and have laid the washing machine on it's side. But I can't undo the screws of the base plate, they just won't budge at all. Does anyone have any recommendations? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
PhilH7
Explorer
Options

Gus,

Just as frustrating as the pipe! Try WD40 spray to try to loosen up any rust that is causing it to jam? Good luck!

0 Likes