Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Issues with emergency drain hose

(Topic created on: 07/07/20 12:47)
Ladylu505
Options
Home Appliances

Hi we found water in the drum of our eco bubble washing machine/dryer so we tried to do the emergency drain. We followed the instructions to pull the hose out from the front of the washing machine. However the hose will only come out about an inch so we cant pull it out enough to put it above a bowl/container to collect the water in. Any advice?

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Gail2
Observer
Options
Home Appliances

The emergency drain hose has gone 

0 Likes
PhilH7
Explorer
Options
Home Appliances

Gail2,

if you can tilt the machine to get to the bottom panel, take out the few screws and the bottom panel comes away. You can then feed the pipe back through and replace bottom panel. Poor design as shouldn’t be able to fall through the hole - put tape around end to stop a repeat! Good luck!

Phil.

0 Likes
Tessa3
Options
Home Appliances

I have the problem that my emergency drain hose has gone back into the hole and I also cannot use the machine.  How do we recover this?

0 Likes
PhilH7
Explorer
Options
Home Appliances

We paid for an engineer to come out, but all he did was lay the machine on its front, removed the bottom panel then fed the pipe back through - easy if you know how!

PhilH7
Explorer
Options
Home Appliances

Showers53,

You can try to grip it with tweezers through the little hole - we couldn't get enough grip, so called the engineer! All he did was pull the machine forward from under the kitchen unit, lean it forward (can do sideways or backwards if easier) then removed the base and fed it back through. A waste of money as they could have advised me to do that! Really bad design. Good luck - hope you can resolve yourself without having to get an engineer!

Phil.

0 Likes