Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with emergency drain hose

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 03:36 PM)
Ladylu505
Apprentice
Options

Hi we found water in the drum of our eco bubble washing machine/dryer so we tried to do the emergency drain. We followed the instructions to pull the hose out from the front of the washing machine. However the hose will only come out about an inch so we cant pull it out enough to put it above a bowl/container to collect the water in. Any advice?

53 REPLIES 53
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Ladylu505 

Does the hose appear to be stuck at all when trying to pull it out or are you not able to tell? Could we take the full model code of your Washing Machine please?

0 Likes
PhilH7
Explorer
Options

Our problem is similar - after using the drain hose after a blockage and clearing, the hose fell back through the hole before I could put the cap back on! Is there an easy way to retrieve this otherwise can't use the machine! All suggestions received gratefully!

PhilH7
Explorer
Options

Suggestion for designers - have a wide bit on the pipe to stop this happening (other than the cap you take off), as not expected!

Tessa3
First Poster
Options

I have the problem that my emergency drain hose has gone back into the hole and I also cannot use the machine.  How do we recover this?

PhilH7
Explorer
Options

We paid for an engineer to come out, but all he did was lay the machine on its front, removed the bottom panel then fed the pipe back through - easy if you know how!

Clau_kagi
Student
Options

Same problem here...does anyone know how to fix this?

PhilH7
Explorer
Options

As mentioned before, we paid for an engineer to come out, but all he did was lay the machine on its front, removed the bottom panel then fed the pipe back through - easy if you know how!

Clau_kagi
Student
Options
OK, thanks, this will probably be our solution as well. I really did not expect for the hose to go back in the hole when trying to put back its cap...Samsung should really reconsider this design!!!
PhilH7
Explorer
Options

I agree - just a little wider at the end and no problem!

To be honest, the engineer solved quickly but costs a lot for something so simple. Try bringing forward if your connections allow, then putting on its face on a blanket, then a few screws on the bottom removes the base. Easy to then feed back through and cap off, then screw base back on. Good luck!

(1)