Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Samsung Heat Pump Water Outlet Temperature

(Topic created on: 23-01-2023 08:46 PM)
simon_i
First Poster
Options

Dear Samsung Community

I'd like to kindly ask for help with an issue with a Samsung Heat Pump.
Model:  AE090RXEDEG/EU

In general - The issue is that the Water Outlet does not reach the set target temperatures - but only for Floor Heating. It works correctly for DHW.
It seems like the Outlet Water - for some unknown reason - can't overreach 35°C. In maximum, the unit maintains temperature between 34.0°C - 34.9°C

I use the "Auto" regime, which is regulated by Water Law. 
Outlet water temperature is NOT regulated by indoor temperature.
There are my Water Law settings:

201* | Outdoor Temp for Water Law (Heat)
Low: 15°C     High: -15 °C

202* | Water Out Temp for WL1 Heat (WL1-Floor)
Low: Target Value: 35°C     High: Target Value: 50°C

Today - It was 0.4°C outdoors, but the Water Output Temperature was regulated to 34°C. Based on the Water Law configuration, it should start at 35°C.

I also tried to manually enforce the temperature by switching to Heat (manual) mode.
I've set 40°C with a purpose to test.
Again - the Water Outlet reached 34.5°C at maximum.

I assume there is some setting that prevents the unit from allowing more than 35°C for Floor heating.

Once again - DHW works well. When the unit operates in the "Water Tank" regime, heating the domestic water, the Water Outlet is usually around 50°C. Therefore I'm sure there's no physical or performance issue of the system.

I also need to mention that the unit was NOT running based on the "Demand" regime.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Kind regards

Simon 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis-nl
First Poster
Options

I believe there’s a setting to set your max temp for heating. “103* water out. For heat”

0 Likes
Sim_Be
First Poster
Options

Hi Simon,

I'm experiencing similar issues with my newly installed heat pump.

Did you get this issue resolved at all?

Thanks!

0 Likes
simon_i
First Poster
Options

@Sim_Be 

Yes and no :smiling-face:

The heat pump simply couldn't reach higher temperatures, as it reached the maximum available power.

I have 17 loops and 300L hot water tank, so it's simply on the edge of its capacity...

In my case it's rather a design problem, then a configuration problem.

Luckily - it seems like the house has accumulated enough heat now, so the room temperature is 22.5 to 24 C, which is comfortable...

Good luck with troubleshooting!

0 Likes