Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Icemaker/water dispenser Rf56j9040sr

(Topic created on: 02-07-2018 02:53 PM)
Justme11
Student
Options

Does anyone know why the light on the water & ice dispenser continuously on? It's just started doing this and not sure if it's a fault or if there's something I need to do. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hey @Justme11

We've had a look at the user manual for the model you have and here is what is says:

"Touch the Cubed button for three seconds to set the Dispenser LED lamp (under the display) to continuous mode so that it stays on continuously. If you want the Dispenser lamp to come on only when some one uses the dispenser, touch this button for 3 seconds again to turn the continuous mode off."

If you'd like to have a look, check out page 29 under "Lighting"

Hope this helps! :womanvery-happy:

Justme11
Student
Options

Thank you. It Works....hurrah!!! 😁

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great to hear @Justme11. Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options

Just found this very helpful thank you 

Jen182
First Poster
Options

Hello. I thought this might be the answer to my issue, but sadly not.

Please can you help - all of the display lights turn off after a few seconds, except the ones which select if cubed or crushed ice, which stay lit in the display all of the time. Should these be lit or can I get the display to go completely dark please? 

0 Likes
RoseMarieSimon
First Poster
Options

This worked for me, Thank You!

0 Likes
Rpchen
First Poster
Options

I wonder if you got your issue resolved?   I am having the same issue.  The cubic ice or crush ice light keeps on.   The two Led lights keep on as well.  Not able to turn it off.

Thanks

0 Likes