Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice maker - wheel for opening mechanism turning non-stop

(Topic created on: 28-04-2021 12:59 PM)
bluep
First Poster
Options

We have an RSG5UCRS fridge freezer.  Yesterday the ice maker mechanism started to make a continuous noise and loud click every 5 seconds.  I took the ice box off the inside of the door - there's an inner wheel next to the grinding mechanism that turns and a notch on it triggers the lever to open the hatch for the ice to fall through.  This usually only turns when you press the button down for ice but it is now turning continuously and clicking the lever for the hatch to open with every complete turn.   How can I fix this or do I need to call someone out?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

I would recommend contacting the Home Appliances Team about this, just to be on the safe side. You can contact them on Live Chat or by calling the number 0333 000 0333

0 Likes
JG12345
First Poster
Options
Hi. Did you get his resolved ? My Samsung has just started doing this? Thanks. Julie
0 Likes
Legitum
First Poster
Options

Ditto - this has started happening for me today and i'm eager to find a fix. Its clearly the wheel going around and not stopping inside - ice dispenser keeps opening and shutting. Can anyone help with a fix please?

0 Likes