Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice accumulating in bottom of freezer RZ80FDMH

(Topic created on: 13-06-2020 06:58 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

It seems there should be a water drain hole in the freezer somewhere which may be blocked, but there is no mention of where to find this in the instruction manual, and no sign of it inside the freezer. Perhaps it is behind a panel. Any ideas? Many thanks.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/RZ80FDMH1/XEU/

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@Anonymous User: I too am unable to find any information about a drainage hole - if this is a feature of the device then it may be the case that it is currently obscured by the ice that's formed at the bottom. With this in mind I recommend manually defrosting the freezer via the steps below, which should make any drainage holes at the bottom clearly visible.

1. Remove all items from your freezer and place them in your refrigerator, or a cool environment
2. Unplug your freezer, and lay some towels underneath to catch any water. It's worth having a few extra towels to hand to mop up any excess water inside the freezer
3. Carefully, fill a clean spray bottle with boiling water
4. Spray the ice with hot water to melt it.
5. Mop up the water with a towel, and make sure that the freezer is completely dry.
6. Plug it back in and restock it
0 Likes
(1)
SteveDavies
First Poster
Options

I had exactly the same issue with an 11year old RZ80FDMH but only in the last six months. The layer of ice was about 0.5 to 1cm thick across the full width of the inside floor of the freezer. The ice spread to the right side near the door opening and every morning a small pool of water was on the tiled floor just below this corner. I removed the ice by turning the freezer off and removing the lower drawer. Then i used some dishcloths soaked in hot water, the ice froze onto the cloths and pulled off the freezer floor quite quickly. The only reason we can imagine for this situation is that we now have a Samsung Heat Pump clothes dryer with no external venting (except the condensed water through the drain) both this and fridge, freezer, washer and dish washer are all in the same utillity room and potentially the humidity is now higher than it used to be.

0 Likes