Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I set 3 rinses on cotton 40'c wash on my WW90T534DAW and after weighing it reduces to 2 rinses

(Topic created on: 30-03-2023 12:02 AM)
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

This is strange - I set 3 rinses on cotton 40'c wash on my WW90T534DAW and after weighing it reduces to 2 rinses in the display window. this is one of the cheaper model of samsung series 5  washing machine so there is no turbidity sensor in it that empties some water and checks how dirty the water is in the drum - is it a glitch of the machine's software? 
#ww90t534daw

4 REPLIES 4
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
I think all 2020 machines have this feature where they automatically cut down on a rinse when a less than half load is detected. It makes sense on the machines with the speed spray but not on the Series 5+ models like yours. The best thing to do is that if you feel like the machine has incorrectly detected a small load instead of a half load, pause the machine before the auto dosing phase, turn the dial until the machine cancels the programme and then choose the programme again. It seems to usually do the trick on my machine. I get how annoying it is to be fair.
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@EcoBubbleUser944 wrote:
I think all 2020 machines have this feature where they automatically cut down on a rinse when a less than half load is detected. It makes sense on the machines with the speed spray but not on the Series 5+ models like yours. The best thing to do is that if you feel like the machine has incorrectly detected a small load instead of a half load, pause the machine before the auto dosing phase, turn the dial until the machine cancels the programme and then choose the programme again. It seems to usually do the trick on my machine. I get how annoying it is to be fair.

yes - got to remember as well on my particular machine without the twin water / speed spray feature that actually 2 rinses are actually 1 rinse with clean water and then 1 rinse with fabric conditioner. - so its not even 2 rinses and then fabric conditioner! 

I remember in the older Days Hotpoint  (before these economical machines of these days and water meters fitted in the house)  used to have a really good rinse , I think the water would nearly come all the way to halfway up the drum on every rinse and the machine would do about 3 rinses then a fabric conditioner rinse before the final rinse. Hotpoint would say that the secret to a good wash was the actually thorough rinsing ... yes of course them old machines took ages to do a wash but more than likely were thoroughy rinsed at the end of the wash of all detergent out of the garments. - I realise you can add more rinses with the rinse button on the front of the Samsung but I dont think the amount of water gets up to halfway on my machine as its rinsing luck the old washing machines did

0 Likes
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
I find that the water level on the Synthetics programme for the rinses is as high as it gets (only just over the door) but that takes a lifetime (3 hours). Try the towels programme for bedding and towels or choose rinse and spin only from that programme since it uses slightly more water for rinsing than a Cottons wash and does faster tumbles. Old machines are amazing when it comes to rinsing performance - definitely agree with you there. Beko WMB machines were probably the last machines ever made programmed to use high water levels for rinsing in Europe. Production of those machines ended in 2016 sadly.
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Water level from the rinses on the Shirts programme. I was amazed when I tried the cycle today! The rinsing times are quite short sadly. 20230508_112509_1000013937_1683541512.jpg20230508_112529_1000013940_1683541531.jpg
0 Likes