Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a samsung fridge freezer family hub alexa

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 07:19 PM)
Matty200673
Journeyman
Options

hi i have a samsung fridge freezer Home hub will i be getting the new software will alexa and bixby model number RF65A977FB1

22 REPLIES 22
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Matty200673,

are you trying to connect Alexa or Bixby connected to this? If so, you can do this using the SmarThings app on your phone. Visit page 50 on this manual to find how to do this. 

0 Likes
SimonT66
Student
Options

This response does not answer the question, I too have being trying to do this since I purchased my family hub fridge. The model was manufactured in July 2021, so I had expected it to have Alexa built in, but this does not seem to be the case. I spent hours on the phone to Samsung trying to get this resolved, however the customer support team had little to no knowledge of the product. They keep sending me round in circles - You need to speak to the SmartThings team, then you need to speak to Amazon. It appears to me that the UK stock is old stock and does not come with Alexa built in. The only option is Bigsby, which is no use when you use Amazon in the rest of your house. I am still hoping for some update, but have not been able to get anywhere talking to Samsung support. As in this answer they have pointed the customer to page 50 of a manual, which does not give the information requested. Can you add Alexa to the family Hub? It appears not in the UK… If anyone has any further information I would be really interested as I am extremely disappointed to be missing this feature that was part of the reason I opted for the family Hub in the first place.

Joe441
Journeyman
Options

I too have the same problem. I bought this fridge freezer with family hub on the premise that it had Amazon Alexa and Amazon music in built. The rest of my house operates through this protocol so it all made sense. I too was passed round and round in circles from Samsung to smart things to Amazon only to be told that it was not available in the U.K. It wouldn’t be too bad, but talking to Bixby is like talking to a tree, it’s not great! Sort it out Samsung please 🙏🏻 

0 Likes
Zishan Sajan
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue here. A real shame so far.  Speaking to Samsung the issue is passed onto Amazon - waiting for it Amazon to support it in the UK.  Although I am not sure support had fully understood the issue here as they have very little to no knowledge of these products. 

SimonT66
Student
Options

Hi - good to see I am not the only one, this was an expensive purchase and I still am concerned that this is a hardware issue rather than a software update. Very disappointing that the Samsung after sales team have little to no knowledge. I will be happy if this is just a case of turning on the Amazon function, but if it ends up missing hardware I am going to be extremely dissatisfied.

if anyone finds out anything please post here - all I want to know is will the Amazon Alexa integration be added via a software/firmware update in the future.

Matty200673
Journeyman
Options

cheers for the reply but thats not a solution how come you can change a phone from bixby to alexa but you cant do it on a fridge also you can have amazon music on the fridge but not alexa. there must be a simple software change so it can do it. im not saying bixby is not good but i have several devices that use alexa.

0 Likes
Matty200673
Journeyman
Options

i cant see it being a hardware probblem more software because you can change a phone from bixby to alexa 

0 Likes
Ryan83
First Poster
Options

I too have had the same experience. I was demonstrated the fridge freezer in curry’s which had Alexa built in. After going round in circles with Samsung support try to guid me though adding Alex support from my iOS device (which was not the problem) they didn’t even understand that Alex could be installed on the fridge. This went on for about 3 weeks then finally told me I had to contact smart things. (I feel they should contact whoever knows the issue not me having to chase them) once in contact with the correct team where they only send one email per day (even if you reply instantly) I found the build date was not the same as people who had Alexa built in. I highlighted this to them and showed them a link to a Reddit forum. They first stated I should have Alexa but after 2 weeks of back and forth. Told me it was only in the USA and they hoped it would be coming in an update soon. Even though it was on the demo unit in curry’s. Can’t say how disappointed i’am in this. And because the process took so long I can no longer return the product that doesn’t live up to the product I was demonstrated. 

0 Likes
JonoW
First Poster
Options

New family hub unit installed yesterday - no Alexa, which was my only reason for sticking with Samsung.  After 2 failed (written off) Samsung French door  units within 3 years, I would have preferred a different brand, but the integration swung things.  I’m struggling to understand how Samsung are getting away with this.

0 Likes