Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reverse the door of your Samsung refrigerator

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 04:54 PM)
Cosimo_dsc
Samsung Pro
Options

You've finally installed your fridge, and you're using extensively, stocking up on food to unleash the creative cook in you, but at some point you realise that actually you could have installed it somewhere else. 

That is not a problem, of course, you gather some help and you move your fridge into its new, perfect postion; at this point you realise that to use it properly, you should be able to open it in the opposite direction as before.

Well rest assured in a couple of easy steps you will be able to turn the situation around, and reinstall the door in the most comfortable way for you to use.

The tools you will need are:

• A flat heat driver
  • A Phillips head driver
  • 11mm wrench
  • 8mm socket wrench
  • 5mm allen wrench

+ A hinge cover, and a cap space door

Let's see the process in detail!

1. Remove the power and check the inside. Make sure the fridge is disconnected from the electrical socket, and that is completely empty before you start working on it
  2. Using the flat head driver, remove the cover hinge to push a hook
  3. Remove the cover wire and cap door L
  4. Disconnect the cables that go from the fridge body to the door
  5. Remove two phillips screws from the upper hinge (be careful not to damage the wire during operation)
  6. Have someone to support the door for you, as it can be heavy!
  7. Remove the fridge door from the middle hinge as well
  8. Disassemble the middle hinge using the allen wrench and the phillips driver
  9. Remove the freezer door from the bottom hinge
  10. Switch the position of the cap on the doors
  11. Switch side of the bottom hinge inside the door and put the screws back in
  12. Lay the fridge down on its back
  13. Remove the feet and the bottom hinge attached to the refrigerator
  14. Switch the position of cap screw between the fridge and the freezer
  15. Reinstall the middle hinge on the opposite side of the fridge
  16. Install the freezer door in the middle hinge
  17. Reinstall the bottom hinge on the opposite side, securing the freezer door, being careful of switching the screws properly
  18. Reinstall the feet
  19. Switch the door wire direction to the opposite side
  20. Put the fridge back in vertical position
  21. Assemble the cap space door
  22. Change the positon of the fridge and freezer door gasket
  23. Insert the cover wire door
  24. Put the door back in place, and insert the top hinge
  25. Have someone to support the door for you, as it can be heavy!
  26. Connect the cables back together
  27. Assemble the cap control
  28. Do not plug in the refrigerator as soon as finished, but wait for at leas an hour!

It might look challenging, but following the steps carefully, and taking a look at the video below, will help you sort this matter out in no time.

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Really useful, @Cosimo_dsc! Thanks for the info!

0 Likes
John Fox
First Poster
Options

Do you need any additional parts to reverse the door?

0 Likes
GarethStanden
First Poster
Options

Hi. purchased a 2022 Fridge Freezer this week.  different design to above but steps are easy to follow in the guidebook.

I have followed the steps correctly, however when i come to install the bottom freezer hinge, there is no purchase for the 2x screws to thread onto. it doesn't go in and won't grip the inside of the hole. 

Is the design intended just to grab the filler inside the door? their doesnt appear to be any thread in the holes to screw into? 

A cannot use the appliance at this point. 

0 Likes
Zuzana
First Poster
Options

Hi, we also just purchased Samsung fridge and appears like we have the same problem. We tried to reverse the door on the feidge freezer following instructions provided by Samsung in their user manual. Everything went smoothly upon the point where we needed to install the freezer door back. The bottom hinge screws go half way in and no further which means the freezer doors cannot be installed back and at this point we are not able to use the fridge. 
Would this be the same issue as for you? Did you manage to somehow resolve it? 
I spent an hour on call with Samsung customer support team which couldn’t advise. The only thing that was suggested that an engineer needs to come in and have a look (might need to pay extra for the engineer and ‘repair’). So in the meantime trying to see if other people are having any similar issues. 

0 Likes
Darren10
First Poster
Options

i've got the exact problem. 

opened a query with Samsung, the people over the phone don't have a clue what a thread is. absolutely useless and they want to charge me for their engineer to look at it. what a joke. 

does anyone have any resolution? 

0 Likes
Zuzana
First Poster
Options

Hi Darren10, just responding back! In the meantime we resolved this issue. Same as you I spent 1.5 hour on the phone with their customer care team which as you are saying was trying to tell me I will have to pay for the engineer to come and have a look at the fridge. After being super frustrated with them, at the end of the call I spoke with a supervisor, and only there it was said to me I won’t have to pay for the engineer if the engineer comes and deems it’s the product error. So we had engineer coming in, trying to fit the screws and drill the threads further, but nothing happened. The engineer deemed it was fault of Samsung/fridge and kindly ordered replacement of the fridge for us. We did not pay anything for the visit. So my suggestion would be go ahead and book the engineer! Just be aware they will firstly ask you to send the fridge back, and only after they receive it back will organise a replacement shipment. It also took few calls to customer care team to get everything resolved, but we managed to change the door on the second fridge, although, we needed some force! Hope this helps and Good luck! 

0 Likes
Duckhunter39480
First Poster
Options

I purchased the RS11M71745A/AA fridge/freezer and it was delivered today.  I have looked for this unit for two months and researched it on the Samsung site, along with Home Depot and several others.   EVERY site specificall stated that the door was reversable.  It arrived this morning and before i plugged it up I changed the door.  I followed the directions all the way down to page 27 where it directed me to change the location of the "auto closing leaver"  I cound not fine this on the door or the user manual.  I called Samsung and was informed that this (reversing the door) was only to be done by Samsung personnel or service reps.  Nowhere in the research did I find that I would need a service rep to do this.  In addition, they would not tell me where the "auto closer leaver" was located.  The help desk finally told me my nearest Samsung service rep is in Denham Springs, LA.   Let me point out that I live in Newton, MS.  My map quest tells me that is 164 miles away.  Does anyone know where the "auto closer leaver" may be located?  I have it installed and it is working as it should.  However, I may have voided my waranty by reversing the door.  Are there suggestions???

0 Likes
Duckhunter39480
First Poster
Options

How about reversing the door on the RZ11M70745A/AA fridge/freezers.  Any help with this one????

0 Likes