Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat Pump Dryer Leaking Air? (DV80M50103X)

(Topic created on: 07-03-2021 06:25 PM)
DavidJenks
Student
Options

Hi there,

I have just tested out my new DV80M50103X heat pump dryer for the first time.

It's dried the towels on the towel setting absolutely fine, but I couldn't help but notice during the cycle there is what feels like a constant flow of warm, damp air coming out of the drum during the cycle (only from the side the door opening handle is on). The seal looks to be fitted in correctly and there is no obvious gap I can see.

Is this normal or have I got a faulty machine as I thought all the heat was supposed to be trapped and condensed in the machine? I don't want want my small utility room to be filled with condensation, which was one of the reasons for purchasing a lower temperature heat pump machine.

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
DavidJenks
Student
Options

Any ideas? Does anyone else here have a Samsung heat pump dryer where they can let me know if moist air can be felt coming out of the door?

Thanks!

0 Likes
BCalvignac
First Poster
Options

Hi David, I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution ?

0 Likes
SueA
First Poster
Options
hi I'm having the same issue with my dryer, did you find a solution??
0 Likes
Goosemann
First Poster
Options
Same here (top of door) fluff is collecting in the plastic trim on thr outside of thr door. Only just noticed. Any solutions
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

clean out all the dust and then try and close the gap up with white (or black) silicone sealant to stop the dust getting back in maybe ?

0 Likes
Jade Spanton
First Poster
Options

Same problem it’s even caused loads of moisture in my home which has caused damp in the room above and caused things to go mouldy never had damp or mould issues prior to this air escaping the door.

0 Likes