Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat pump dryer fluff and wet round the door

(Topic created on: 29-10-2023 06:16 PM)
Jonhorrocks81
Apprentice
Options

Bought a series 5+ DV80T5220TW/S1 just Over 2 years ago and it’s been great but has started taking longer to dry a load and is wet round the door with fluff there also. I clean the filter regularly and the catcher after ever cycle can anyone shed any light on this?
thanks.  

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

Hello by saying that you have cleaned the filter regularly , do you mean the filter where the door is (if there is one there on heatpump dryers) or the heat exchanger? 

here is how you clean the eat exchanger on your model dryer:
https://youtu.be/m4RnZVfaggI?si=rywlaFSW2McKyjMS

0 Likes
Jonhorrocks81
Apprentice
Options

Yeah it has the filter by the door and the heat exchange both get cleaned weekly. 

andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

if it doesnt dry as fast maybe one of the heating elements is broken (I think has 2x 1kw heating element) 

on the Samsung smart washing machines they have a diagnostic check feature in the smart things android app - i wonder if it works the same way for their smart tumble dryer range? - I cannot say for certain because I dont own a Samsung tumble dryer - but if you download the smart things app you could fire up the diagnostics and see if it reports a problem with a component, just worth mentioning:

387476748_317717710893562_4243611593607306016_n.jpg

0 Likes
Jonhorrocks81
Apprentice
Options

thanks i'll try this out.

Nickj680
First Poster
Options

Sounds like you could be losing heat and air through the door. Is it sealing properly when closed ? Or if you feel hot air escaping from it when it's running there is your problem. There is a known fault with the doors not staying closed tight where the hinges are and samsung refusing to pay attention to it. 

0 Likes
Members_Sq5LJxL
First Poster
Options

Mine is same age and having exact same problems. Now telling me that compressor is overheating and switching itself off   samsung are a nightmare to deal with.   I took out the free extended warranty and it took several calls to convince them.  Luckily I had the emails to prove it. Now  have to wait nearly 3 weeks for engineer.    I clean the filter every time and the heat exchanger every 3 or 4 weeks but it must be a design fault as you can't clean the exchanger properly even with the brush.  Let's see if they honour the warranty repair.  Good machine when it works but never again will I buy a Samsung appliance.

0 Likes
Jonhorrocks81
Apprentice
Options

Yeah I get HC error every now and then I have rung Samsung and they’ve said all sounds fine and there’s no problems so annoying 

0 Likes