Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat pump condenser dryer not drying properly and water build up jn the heat exchange

(Topic created on: 16-08-2021 04:05 PM)
Fuz1
Explorer
Options

I'm having a problem with my dryer. It doesn't dry properly and goes on for ages. After each drying load there is water build up in the heat exchange at the bottom. There has also been a little water underneath,  possibly the door or underneath the dryer. It was an expensive appliance. I bought it in 2018. Warranty has expired.

The dryer is:

DV80M50101W/EU

Has anyone had any issues like this and if they did how did they solve it. Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Don't know specifically about that model, but is it possible there are filters or vents that are blocked up with lint etc. I know normal type dryers show these sort of symptoms if internal filters are blocked- maybe worth checking in the manual re cleaning filters ?
0 Likes
Fuz1
Explorer
Options

I contacted Samsung and they put me through to a 3rd party repair service they refered people to. The man came and looked at it. He didn't pull it forward. I mentioned the water chamber is not collecting a lot of water and that maybe something is blocked. Instead he ordered a new heat exchange vent thing. Altogether I have paid £190.55. I should've used my brain and got insurance. My model was bought 2018. Expensive mistake just getting it repaired. Would advise people to get insurance first. Some of them to allow you to take a plan out and repair it. Samsung were mean only giving a 2 year warranty on such an expensive item.

0 Likes
Fuz1
Explorer
Options

My dryer has been fitted with new parts. Samsung now give advice and a brush to clean the heat exchange please use it everyone. They didn't when I bought my machine and only gave me a measly 2 years warranty. 

0 Likes