Did you mean: 

Having no joy with Samsung Warranty

(Topic created on: 10-05-2021 11:54 AM)
shaza65
Journeyman
Options

RS68N8230B1 Americn Fridge Freezer

Serial No.  05M04EBN200343E 

I am absolutely disgusted with Samsung service.  The fridge freezer  (that cost me £1200) is 1 year old and has developed a very loud hum which stops when you open the door. From previous posts, it looks like it will be ice around the fan. I have a 5 year warranty registered.  After SIX very long telephone calls to their service number which turns out to be in the Philippines,  I am no further forward.  They give me an appointment with a company who does not cover my location in Gloucester (the company was kind enough to ring me and explain and said this kept happening even though they have many times informed Samsung they do not cover Gloucester).  I explain this each time to Samsung after having to listen to all the recorded messages, answer security questions, answer trouble shooting questions, Covid questions, warranty statements over and over again because they will not proceed with the call unless I answer them.  They then give me an appointment slot and say the engineer will confirm.  I ask them which service company but they say they do not know but it will be on the confirmation email.  The email arrives with the name of the company who does not cover Gloucester - EACH BLOODY TIME.  Oh, and I have been mysteriously cut off on the last couple of phone calls.

I am so angry and disappointed.  I will never be buying Samsung again

I am now at the point of calling a local engineer and paying for it myself

11 REPLIES 11
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @shaza65 ,

I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you tried to ring them back on 0333 000 0333 and make them aware that the company is not covering your area so they can change this for a different one?

0 Likes
shaza65
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Yes, I have rang that number 6 times and told them.  The company has rang them several times as well to tell them they do not cover my area.

I have just received a 'phone call from Jay at Samsung apologising and saying that they do not presently have any companies that cover the Gloucester area.  They are going to ring me back if they find one or if they cannot, to offer me an 'alternative solution'.  He could not tell me how long this would take.

0 Likes
Imc1
Apprentice
Options
I've had the same problem. The number is constantly busy
Imc1
Apprentice
Options
Told me initially it would be the 28th of May..The thing is brand new...
shaza65
Journeyman
Options

So disappointing.  

0 Likes
shaza65
Journeyman
Options

I have been managing to get through but really lengthy calls.  I dread to think how much it's costing in phone calls.  I hope you have better luck.  it would just be so much better to speak to somebody in the UK.

0 Likes
niajy
Journeyman
Options

I think they have a global problem in their IT system and quality of their employees. I dont know how they hire them, but in France it is the same problem. Ok the products are good, but the shop and customer service is awful, better to buy from a big retailer. I am about to sue them...

shaza65
Journeyman
Options

I bought the fridge freezer from ao.com and have got them involved as I was getting nowhere with Samsung.  ao.com have been very helpful and have managed to get my problem escalated to a'higher level' at Samsung.  I am now waiting a callback from 'the higher level'.  Fingers crossed.

niajy
Journeyman
Options

Actually, I m sure that Samsung Korea HQ dont even realize how low quality Samsung Global customer service is... if I knew the correct address of Korean managers we could send them letters in order to clean up this mess and improve their service...