Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Info About Fridge/Freezer Repair or Replacement

(Topic created on: 08-10-2021 10:38 AM)
RichardB77
Student
Options

I am becoming increasingly frustrated by the lack of information coming from Samsung about progress on sorting out a dead fridge/freezer. 

It died 10 days ago and I immediately called the 0333 0000333 help line. The person I talked to took all the details; confirmed the machine is under warranty (we've had it just 11 months); asked me to send a video, which I did; and gave me an account number. So far so good, I thought.

I received no acknowledgement of the emailed video so I chased that up by email the next day and was promised that Samsung would be in contact within 24-48 hours. There followed six days of silence!!

I emailed again only to receive a reply "that the parts I'd ordered were being progressed". This is just a tad difficult to understand as I haven't ordered any parts - I'd don't even know exactly what is wrong with the machine tho' I suspect a problem with the compressor. So I emailed back asking for clarification. No response!

Next step was an email to the CEO's office from which came a rather bland response and a promise to follow up.

A live chat session elicited the information that the problem was with "Tech Experts/Level 2" whatever that means and to expect a call within 1 day. Again, silence followed!

So I chased the CEO's office again - so far just an automated acknowledgement of my email.

Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to kick Samsung into action?

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @RichardB77 

Did you have any joy with this?

0 Likes
RichardB77
Student
Options

Hi Chris,

It's been like wading through treacle and the appliance still isn't fixed but I'm hopeful that a second(!) engineer's visit on Thursday may final see resolution.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Apologies for this, @RichardB77. That's not what we like to hear! Please keep us updated once you've had the next visit.

0 Likes