Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front loading washer pauses mid-cycle

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 10:17 PM)
John W
Student
Options

I have a WF45K6200AW/A2 that has recently started pausing itself repeatedly mid-cycle.  Occasionally it reports error code 3C.

I have tried unplugging it for 30 minutes then restarting.  No improvement.

I can hear water coming in when the fill valves open.  I can hear water going out to the drain.

The door switch seems to work properly (the machine dings when I push it with a finger, and it dings when I close the machine door)

I know the drum *can* turn.  And I can hear/see it tumbling laundry sometimes.

I have verified that it will go through a Quick Wash cycle when empty.

BUT when I throw a few things in the drum and try to wash them on a Normal cycle, it'll fill with water and then hang up at something like 52 or 54 minutes.  

I have resorted to pulling laundry out and finishing wet loads on Rinse & Spin, and even that takes longer than it should.

Is it just time to find a service technician?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Maybe it's time for a drum clean this happens with mold or an unclean drum whatever Country you're in get washing machine cleaner Tide,Affresh or Dr Beckmann if your washer has a drum clean cycle use that if not put it on Cottons hottest wash longest wash and clean it clean gasket and still happens call a technician
0 Likes
John W
Student
Options

A happy thought.  I tried running the machine empty with Affresh on a Normal/hot/no-spin cycle - went off to run errands.  When I got home, it had shut itself off with a tub full of water.
I drained it and tried a Self Clean.  After pausing at 3:35, 3:33, and 3:30 it gave up and that's when I thought to check the Smart Care error code!  I had not downloaded the app onto my phone until then.  The app said "Check Motor" and suggested powering down for 2-3 minutes then try again, or if that didn't work to call Service.  Since I have powered the machine down numerous time, I will be calling the Service Center on Monday morning.

IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
At the bottom there is. drwin filter and hose use the use and empty it
0 Likes
Scottlinks
Student
Options

What ever happen with this? Mine starting to do same thing. 

0 Likes
howdoesit
First Poster
Options

Did you find the fault?

0 Likes