Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Loader Not Spinning

(Topic created on: 04-07-2021 01:45 AM)
familymcd
Student
Options

Hi! My husband and I are pretty handy and have done a lot of troubleshooting so far on our own, but we need some help…

Model: WF42H5000AW/A2

Our front loader was on a regular wash cycle and the barrel quit turning with approximately 11 minutes left. 

This is what we’ve tried:

-replaced door switch

-replaced hall sensor

-checked the back wiring harness for a break

-checked the rotor and stator physically and the ohms

The pump cycles on and off. There are no obstructions. 

We tried to run a cycle again today, and water is not even being drawn in now. 

Any ideas? What have we missed?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@familymcd: Can you try running a cycle with an empty load, to help determine if the issue is stemming from an imbalanced load? If it doesn't spin, please try gently pressing on each corner of the machine from the top. Does it rock or tip at all? If it does, adjust the feet at the bottom by twisting them anti-clockwise to the desired position, then tighten the locking nut with the supplied spanner to level out the machine to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
More help
What to do if your washing machine does not spin as expected

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/home-appliances/what-to-do-when-samsung-washing-machine-does-not-...
0 Likes
familymcd
Student
Options

Thank you for your reply. We were on vacation and are now back at trying to figure this machine out…

The machine is level.

We have tried running several empty loads, and it adds water, then spins partially, then stops and gets stuck there. It continues adding small amounts of water, so we stop the cycle and put it in rinse mode. It will evacuate most of the water.

We even installed a new pump today, but nothing has changed. 

0 Likes
familymcd
Student
Options

Thinking back, I think this started happening after I washed a large comforter. 

0 Likes
familymcd
Student
Options

Thank you for your reply. We have tried all of those things except resetting the breaker. It also mentions not getting enough power will cause it not to spin. We will look into this. 

0 Likes
TomG90
First Poster
Options

Hi. Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same issue with my machine sticking as it comes to final spin around 11 minutes 

0 Likes