Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridger Freezer water in bottom of Fridge (RFG23UERS)

(Topic created on: 16-03-2021 10:04 AM)
Giancarlo1
First Poster
Options

I have started to get water in the bottom of the fridge. I thought it was the door seal as this was split, however this has been replaced but no joy. I have cleaned out the behind the fridge and ensured there is a good gap between the wall and the fridge but still the problem persists.

Most of the info I ahve read about talks about a pipe out of the back of the fridge being blocked but I cannot fine this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Magz69
Student
Options
Your defrost tube is what carries the water all the way down to the drain pan where it eventually evaporates. When working correctly, it helps make sure your fridge has a smooth defrost cycle. This tube can get clogged with ice or debris which leads to water backing up and leaking back into the fridge.

To fix this, make a bowl of hot water–HOT, not BOILING and get a turkey baster or funnel. Your goal here is to flush away the debris or melt the ice in the tube that’s backing everything up. Flush the water into the tube until it begins to flow through to the drain pan. Voila! You have now fixed your issue. If your issue isn’t fixed, you might be looking at another problem or having to replace the defrost tube. Also check the drain pan. Always remember to tun of any electrical supply to the appliance.
Cgrant
First Poster
Options

Hi I have a Samsung RFG23UERS fridge freezer and there is constantly water at the bottom of the fridge. Can you tell me where the defrost drain hole is in this model. Thanks

0 Likes
RSL1
First Poster
Options

0493A186-5535-4073-A816-98CBBB610896.jpeg

Hi, I had the same problem - turns out the tube on the right was blocked with algae.  These tubes are behind the bottom panel (7 screws to remove first) Gently wiggling and pulling down on the rubber tubes will allow you to remove and clean them - the right-hand tube in the photo has a separate rubber nipple (which acts as a one-way valve) which also comes off & will probably need cleaning.

Easy when you know how…

0 Likes
Members_7y65Z8w
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this. Saved a call out so far. Will report back in a few days and see if all is well. Fingers crossed but appears to be the same issue :smiling-face:

0 Likes