Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRIDGE Model: RF24FSEDBSL/SA

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 09:05 PM)
Abz004
Student
Options

Have a French door refrigerator just over 4 years and have had constant temperature issues which Samsung have never been able to fix.  Have been told by different technicians that there is a class action regarding Samsung french door fridges. Well being in Aus i cant join but wondering if there is one here in Australia? I have recently had a technician out yet again to my fridge and finally I got some who knew what was going on. My fridge not only doesn't cool even know the front screen will show the tempture is 2 degrees I bought a thermometer and put it inside and it shows 9 (not cool at all) how we haven't ended up sick I don't know. We are getting pools of water on the floor from the fridge and condensation both inside the fridge and externally running down the back and top of the fridge and a huge pool over water under the drinks draw. The technicians confirmed the fridge is unfixable as it is a insulation issue. They have sent the report to Samsung who are refusing to do anything about it even know it is a manufacturing issue. Not something anyone can fix as insulation occurs on the assembly line. 

Has anyone had this issue?? I need my fridge replaced and will be taking this the consumer affairs but want to know if anyone has had this same issue? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Lyn Airey
First Poster
Options

Hiya. How did you get on with this? We have the same fridge and despite showing 1 degree Celsius on the panel, is 15 degrees Celsius inside. I can see that one side of the fan unit at the back of the fridge was blocked with ice and have defrosted it but temp still not at 1 degree. Interested to know how you went with reporting this to consumer affairs!

0 Likes
Abz004
Student
Options

Hi Lyn, I got no where Sumsung refused to talk to them. So, there was nothing more I could do other then never buying a Samsung fridge again and telling everyone else not to waste their money too. The fact I heard on speaker phone Samsung telling the technicians that a replacement fridge will be issued and then refusing to follow through was a Joke in itself. 

0 Likes