Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge Freezer - RB36R8839SR - Water in bottom fridge - advice please!

(Topic created on: 01-01-2022 04:03 PM)
KathB1
Apprentice
Options

We have had our fridge freezer for a couple of months - installed by our kitchen fitters.  I've just noticed water at the front of the bottom box.  I've removed the box and the bottom of the fridge was full of water - 1.5 litres to be precise - which I've now removed.  

Can anyone advise why this has happened and how we can avoid it happening again, please?  

Many thanks, Kath

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This maybe helpful

What should I do if I suspect my Samsung fridge/freezer is leaking water?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/home-appliances/what-should-i-do-if-i-suspect-my-samsung-fridge-f...

If still under warranty
You may need to contact support

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes
KathB1
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply.  When we checked it was level so we've lifted the front slightly to see if that helps.  It is under warranty so we'll keep an eye on it and contact Support if we get another pool in the bottom of the fridge!

Stayler
First Poster
Options
Sometimes the drain can get blocked.
0 Likes
KathB1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply.  We've only had the fridge freezer for about six weeks, so hopefully the drain isn't blocked.  We're raised the front slightly (the fitters had left it level) so hopefully it will allow the water to drain and evaporate.  We'll keep an eye on it over the next couple of weeks and contact Samsung support if we get the same problem.

0 Likes
Stayler
First Poster
Options
I slight tilt sounds like a good start. Hope it sorts itself out.
0 Likes
Gmorss
Student
Options

Hi, I purchased a Samsung RB36R8899SR/EU from a reputable store and it was delivered in September 2019

The unit is ventilated and slightly tilted back via front feet to approx 2 degrees

I first noticed a pool of water in the bottom of the fridge beneath the drawer around 8-9 weeks after it was new, I emptied it out (around 1litre)

This happened again in Feb 2021 and this is when I first reported it to Samsung

Again Apr 2021, fills up with water and again in June 2021

This is an ongoing issue of emptying the bottom of the fridge and sponging out the water every 2-3 months

There doesn't seem to be any inner drain hole on this particular model, at least I cannot see one and Samsung confirmed it doesn't have one, therefore not a blockage issue on this model.

The fridge has filled up with water again this week end of January 2022

Samsung did offer to send out a service engineer, but the service engineering company was an outside contractor and the particular company had very poor reviews therefore I was concerned they may cause more damage than repair.

I am currently still emptying the fridge of water every couple months

I am extremely disappointed with this fridge / freezer as it was a very expensive purchase

0 Likes
KathB1
Apprentice
Options

We've ensured the fridge freezer is tilted slightly backwards but are still getting water in the bottom of the fridge.  

I've just done a Live Chat with Samsung and the issue is being passed to the triage team as it's within three months of a previous engineer visit.  When it was installed the kitchen fitters had swapped the door to open on the opposite side but hadn't done it right.  We had got running water down the back of the fridge and the freezer door was stuck to the drawers!  The fitters rectified the incorrect door fitting but we still had problems with the freezer.  The engineer visited (The Repair Guys) and they said there was ice in the door seal which has now been resolved and the freezer is okay - but there is still water collecting in the bottom of the fridge.  I'm awaiting a call back on Friday from the triage team and will hopefully get a return visit from the engineer.  I'll report back after their visit.

0 Likes
KathB1
Apprentice
Options

An update on the issue of water in the bottom of our fridge.  

We've been emptying the water every week since we first noticed it pooling in the bottom of the fridge - about 500ml a week.  The Repair Guys (on behalf of Samsung) came today and as soon as they looked at the water said they would need to order a part.  I asked what was causing it and was told that it's a common fault with this model of fridge freezer.  There is a drainage channel but it runs inside the fridge and is very close to the freezer section so it gets blocked.  Hopefully the part they are ordering will rectify the known fault. 

Although as it's a known fault it is disappointing that Samsung haven't addressed the issue rather than waiting for customers to raise an a complaint.

0 Likes
Tigertone2000
Journeyman
Options

Hi, we've got the exact same model and we're on our third one! The first and second both had the same problem from new and it turned out they had a manufacturing fault: the drain tubes were mistakenly filled with insulating foam and there was no way it could be removed. We couldn't believe it when the second one had the same problem - I'm guessing there might be a faulty batch....? The third one has been OK for 8 or 9 months but today we discovered the same problem again. This time it cannot be the same manufacturing fault as it wouldn't have behaved itself for so long so I'm guessing it's iced up. Will be calling The Repair Guys in the morning and see where we go from here. I would really appreciate it if you could update here with details of the fix/part so I can tell them details in case they're not aware. Thanks

0 Likes