Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge freezer "power freeze" constantly cutting in and out

(Topic created on: 26-08-2021 04:06 PM)
xdrt33
Apprentice
Options

The fridge freezer in question is a RS21 NCSV. It's 15 years old and has been great up to recently. The last few weeks it has spells of the "power freeze" light going on and off constantly, each time accompanied by a beep which is driving me crazy. It is still maintaining temperature ok, but this is evidently a fault. Anyone have a solution, even if it only how to disable the beeper?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@xdrt33: What temperature is your freezer currently set to, and have you tried lowing it to see if this helps? There is a door alarm that beeps to indicate that the door is open, therefore I recommend checking the door seals on the fridge and freezer to make sure the doors are closing correctly. 

Options
15 years..... just saying.... Time to put it out to graze... (check your home insurance covers fridge freezer contents as when it goes, it will go...)
xdrt33
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the feedback guys. I tried changing the set temperature - didn't solve the problem. The door seals look OK to me. It is now power freezing to well below the set temperature, and won't turn off from the panel - only if I pull the plug out. Let's face it - the control panel has had it. Finding a new one, plus someone competent to fit seems unlikely. Looks like Harry&co is right: time to replace it. No complaints - it's given me 15 years good service.

0 Likes
markc4
First Poster
Options

Am having exactly the same issue with my 15 year old RS21DCNS.  Did you ever resolve it??

0 Likes
xdrt33
Apprentice
Options

No I didn't. But it's winter here now, and temperatures are much lower. The fridge / freezer is behaving itself with no problems. No doubt the problem will return in the summer. It seems to be impossible here to find a repair man who even pretends to be able to sort the problem. Let me know if you find a solution (other than colder weather).

0 Likes