Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Fridge Freezer Model RB29FSRNDSA/EU

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 11:48 AM)
Sheshagiri
Journeyman
Options

We hope someone will help us. Recently, we started noticing that our freezer temperature settings keep changing from -17DegC to -23DegC. We could not work out why it is changing itself. We noticed the setting button has plenty of gap between the door edge but still changing the setting itself? The freezer temperature is fine with -17DegC setting. Any suggestions please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Sheshagiri: It sounds like Power Freeze is active (indicated by a snowflake symbol). This will automatically disable after 50 hours, after which the freezer will return to the previously assigned temperature, however you can manually disable it by pressing the Freezer button for 3 seconds. I hope this helps. 

Sheshagiri
Journeyman
Options

Dear Andrew, thank you for your suggestion. Yes, the snowflake symbol was illuminated. As advised, pressed the freezer setting button just over 3 seconds the snow flake symbol gone.  Hope it will remain as my settings.  Once again thank you for your quick response with a correct solution.

ren41
Explorer
Options

I have the Family Hub RS68N8941 (UK) and this seems to contradict the online manual, which says that Power Freeze switches off after several hours.... https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UC/202008/20200803110513380/EN/English/RS8000_EU_EN_c1_s1.... My LG fridge freezer returns to normal operation by itself and I would have expected the new frridge/freezer to do the same. It seems too easy to forget to switch Power Freeze off. Can anyone definitely confirm one way or the other?

0 Likes
Sheshagiri
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew, the solution you gave us only worked for 8 days.  Now we are having more problems. The snowflake symbol lights up and automatically without any warning and the temperature setup goes to -21DegC. The freezer temperature is too low and the energy consumption has gone up. As suggested by someone from a community member we have switched off the fridge for 5 minutes and started.  But an hour later we noticed the snowflake symbol back again and the temperature setting changed from -17DegC to -21DegC.  We do not understand why this is happening?  Shall we call a Samsung service engineer to attend the call? If so how can we log the service call please.  Hope you can help us. Please..

Kind regards,

Sheshagiri Mallya

Sheshagiri
Journeyman
Options

Update.  Service engineer visited us and replaced 2 x  faulty printed circuit board and re-assembled the fridge freezer.  Right now it is working okay. Fingers crossed.

Thank you community members for all your support.

Kind regards,

S.Mallya

RBaker
First Poster
Options

Thanks for posting your update. We have only just bought a samsung freezer (under 4 weeks old) and we are already having issues with it, so from your post I'm going straight to booking an engineer. Thank you for posting the update.

0 Likes