Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge freezer fault.

(Topic created on: 14-05-2017 04:53 PM)
fridgefreezer
Student
Options

Hi, I have a RL41WGIH fridge freezer. The fridge part is not cooling. I have defrosted the freezer as there was a build-up of ice. The freezer is working fine, but the fridge is not cooling at all and is showing as 19 degrees C. What could the issue be?

Cheers.

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @fridgefreezer

Could you completely defrost the unit for 24 hours and then restart this to see if it helps? You'll need to lay plenty of towels down to mop up any water from the ice and  place empty containers in the freezer to collect any water. 

Alternatively, we recommend you give us a call so we can have an engineer take a look at this for you. You can reach our Support Team on: 0330 726 7864

View solution in context

Solution
fridgefreezer
Student
Options

Thanks for the advice. Turns out that it hadn't defrosted fully. There was still ice covering the bottom of the element because the drain hole had blocked. Cheap fix. Thanks

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @fridgefreezer.

Let's check the following:

Is the temperature control on the front panel correctly set?

Does sun shine on the appliance or are there heat sources nearby?

Is the back of the appliance too near to the wall?

0 Likes
Solution
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @fridgefreezer

Could you completely defrost the unit for 24 hours and then restart this to see if it helps? You'll need to lay plenty of towels down to mop up any water from the ice and  place empty containers in the freezer to collect any water. 

Alternatively, we recommend you give us a call so we can have an engineer take a look at this for you. You can reach our Support Team on: 0330 726 7864

Solution
fridgefreezer
Student
Options

Thanks for the advice. Turns out that it hadn't defrosted fully. There was still ice covering the bottom of the element because the drain hole had blocked. Cheap fix. Thanks

JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

No worries, @fridgefreezer. We're glad you got this resolved. Hope you didn't use too much towels! :smileywink:

0 Likes
lucinda39
First Poster
Options

Hello, we bought a Samsung fridge freezer in Lagos, Portugal, in April and it wasn't used until June.  It was very noisy.  After a couple of weeks, and hoping that this constant noise, a loud sort of hum, would settle down and disappear, we called the Samsung Repair Team in Porta Mao in Portugal.  A technician came.  He said there is nothing wrong with the machine and because it has an introvertor the noise being heard is 'normal'.  We have now listened to many fridge freezers of friends and neighbours and none of these machines make a noise.  We suggested the machine was faulty and the technician said "no".  This constant loud noise was normal.  What should we do?

0 Likes
lucinda39
First Poster
Options

Hello,  our fridge freezer is far enough away from the wall as the technician checked this.  There are no other sources of heat sources in the kitchen apart from the cooker.  The sun does not reach the fridge/freezer.  Thank you.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @lucinda39.

If an official Samsung engineer has inspected it, then it does seem like it's operating within normal specification. What's the model code of your fridge freezer? 

0 Likes
pyrotech
First Poster
Options

American style fridge freezer

less than 2 years old

Today Fridge temp 3C  Freezer temp 8c

second time this £1300 fridge freezer has failed since purchase

I hope this time i get refund for cost of Food which is around £400

Fuming with Samsung

stevvieboi
Journeyman
Options

this is our second fridge freezer, last one broke down several times, had to keep switching off so it would defrost, turns out the insulation was gone on it, new one is not even 3 years old arrived with a fault i believe with the ice dispenser, Samsung customer service was a waste of time, had a major breakdown all foods wasted cost £300, then not even 3 years old has another breakdown again all foods wasted and at another cost to us, had to pay for an engineers report to be informed its a manufacture defect because the insulation had all gone porous and is now fit for the scrap heap, seems these appliances are not fit for the purpose they are intended for, i never expected to have to be turning them off so often so they could defrost, i thought they are meant to be frost free, and what do you expect people to do with the food while its defrosting for 24 hrs??? even Samsung expects them to last longer than 3 years when some parts are warranted for 10 years, the customer service with my first purchase was amazing, when it had its first major breakdown they extended the warranty by 5 years, why i purchased another samsung product, this time they don't even want to know and i am nearly 2k out of pocket for a product thats not fit for the intention it was purchased for 

0 Likes