Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge freezer broken after 1 day and food ruined!

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 01:02 PM)
defrostedfood
First Poster
Options

Hi all. Recieved delivery of a new fridge freezer on Wednesday; installed professionally by suppliers, left it to settle for 2 hours then went out shoppng and filled it!

All seemed well; very happy with the unit. That evening the fridge was cold and the freezer was working fine.

However the next morning I noticed the unit had got remarkably louder - louder than the fan oven when it is on. Then the day after went to get something out the freezer and the whole lot had defrosted - over £50 worth! 

The fridge is working fine but the freezer has died. Checked all settings; holiday setting wasn't applied, no warning sounds that the freezer was defrosting as I was told would happen if this was the case.

The company I bought from have offered to swap the unit but where do I stand on getting compensation on the food being ruined because of the faulty unit? I even paid for the extra warranty when I bought it, and it didn't even last a day!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @defrostedfood 

We're sad to hear of the issues you've had with your Fridge Freezer. Was the installation of your Fridge Freezer also arranged through your retailer?

0 Likes