Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing issue with RF56J9040SR fridge freezer

(Topic created on: 23-07-2020 08:08 AM)
Paulalfc78
First Poster
Options

I have the above American fridge freezer. I am having great difficulty in getting the bottom right hand side to freeze at the same temperature as the opposite side. This is set as the freeze option using the cool select zone option. There is a soft freeze option which freezes to -5 but then the freeze option is supposed to freeze to -19 same as the other side of the freezer. This is the 2nd replacement I’ve had within 4 weeks as the 1st one also had this problem. I have double checked the option is correct but just cannot get it to freeze the same as the other side. Any frozen food you put in that side just defrosts. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Steve2078
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, I have had my freezer on -23 for a year now and the right hand side is still only soft freezing at best,  i don't think Samsung have a fix for it, 

0 Likes
WillC
First Poster
Options

It appears mine has the same issue. Purchased January 2019. 

0 Likes
Leon91
Apprentice
Options

Hi all. Apologies for not responding to other emails about this. We had a Samsung technician come and look at our fridge/freezer last July-ish. When he was here he said he couldn't find anything wrong with it. I said could it be a software issue. He said possibly and came back a week or so later to replace a part, I think it was a circuit board, possibly. It seems to have been better since but I'm still not convinced. Who's to know that it isn't losing temperature and then re-freezing without me knowing. Luckily no food poisoning in the house over the past few months. We do have a problem with the ice machine freezing over which I have found a way of defrosting with a short cut to a pre-programmed defrost setting. Overall very disappointed with the product, expected better for such an expensive item from what I would consider is a quality brand. 

Cornered
Journeyman
Options
Hi, where did you find the shortcut defrost and what is it??

Our icebox has suddenly started to freeze up after 2 years of no issues. Seems to be happening once a month and the only way I could sort it was by emptying everything and defrosting the old fashioned way - turning it off overnight .
Thanks
0 Likes
Oksana1983
First Poster
Options

Hi. I just have same problem today. What did u do to fix. Thank you

0 Likes
Cornered
Journeyman
Options
Hi, have a look at my other posts.
Unfortunately it is not fixed - it has frozen up on a monthly basis since this first happened and i have to keep defrosting it manually!
When you very carefully remove the ice bucket you should be able to see what looks like a blue sticker on the side of the unit- that is some sort of defrost button from what i have read but i think that it just defrosts the internal workings not the entire box. Apparently this can be pressed and held once and you hear a chime which indicates it is working, replace the ice box and leave it. I have started to turn off the ice making function from the front control panel to stop the machine trying to force more ice through.
0 Likes