Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty fuse and scorched socket - washing machine Eco bubble WW90J6410CX

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 04:42 PM)
S Patel
Student
Options

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-26 at 17.11.50 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-05-26 at 17.11.50 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-05-26 at 17.11.50 (3).jpeg

Hello,

I have seen multiple reports of people having similar issues with Eco bubble washing machines where the plug fuse had melted and scorched the socket. 

We bought the machine in early 2016 and had been running fine until 2 days ago when the cycle failed to complete and we got an error code of UC and it started to smell funny. At closer inspection of the plug, we found out that the fuse in the plug had melted the inside of the plug and the socket was scorched. Upon on research I found out that this has happened to others with Eco-bubble models with exact same description of the problem. We called Samsung and explained that we have come across this thread and problem with other machines and that we are worried about the safety of a 5 year old machine (IMO washing machines should last longer than 5 years). I was told that an engineer will come and inspect and that they take this very seriously. When the engineer came he advised us that this machine needs to be replaced as it is a fire hazard and he also raised an issue with the fuse in the plug among other things. Upon contacting Samsung, we got told that all they can do is replace the plug and one other part as a "one-off repair" without expressing interest in investigating this matter further to understand how this happened and whether it can happen again or not. We really don't feel comfortable using this machine again as there is no explanation of why this happened in the first place? 

When we asked Samsung about their awareness of this problem with other similar models of similar age, their answer was its outside of warranty so they cant comment on it. We think Samsung should take more responsibility than this with their products and investigate this issue in more details. But anyone who has ever dealt with Samsung's UK customer services will know that this will never happen as it is really like talking to a wall.

We hope that this message will add to the other similar messages and will make Samsung take notice of the problem.

23 REPLIES 23
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Do not cut the plug off and put another plug on, what ever caused the problem will still be there.
Never seen a fuse melt a plug like that.
Something for the trading standards to look in to ,
0 Likes
Woody1888
Apprentice
Options

I also have just had the same issue 
I believe this must be a pcb fault to allow the condenser ti be able to fry the fuse and plug 

0 Likes
Matt R
First Poster
Options

My Samsung washing machine has just done exactly the same - uncannily similar. Bought in 2016, used daily without problem since then, stopped mid cycle today and when I unplugged from wall, burn to wall plate, blown fuse and melted plug. OP - did you find Samsung were prepared to address this beyond what you have already posted, or in other words, did you eventually just replace the washing machine from your own pocket ? thanks Matt

AndrewL
Options

@Matt R: I'm really sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with your washing machine. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Alternatively, please reach out to our Help Desk directly via the link below, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

ArcShadow
First Poster
Options

Just had the same issue with our Ecobubble!

Contacted Samsung...

0 Likes
ArcShadow
First Poster
Options

Hi Mods

Sent you details you requested - please progress your Support?

Thanks

Keith McCormick

0 Likes
Olu3
First Poster
Options

Wow, I am currently experiencing a very similar issue, mind you I've only had mine for EIGHT months.

I noticed a burning smell coming from my machine, nothing to do with the drum but when I checked the back I noticed that the plug had become stuck into the socket. This was clearly due to the plug overheating and melting the plastic on the socket.

Samsung "engineer" came around and was not able to fix the issue, although he managed to pull the plug out. Samsung are suggesting that it is the plug but cannot tell me how they've reached that conclusion or what is actually causing the problem.

Anyway, they have not offered a reasonable solution or timeframe to get it fixed. Very lucky I caught it early I think.

melted plug2.jpgmelted plug.jpgbsocket.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Olu3: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. If you're based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to look into this further for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

We assure you that we take matters such as this very seriously, so we want to check that you have been through the proper channels to get this issue inspected. If you have, and if an authorised Samsung engineer has provided the above diagnosis, then we must stand their decision. 

0 Likes
garmcqui
Student
Options

Hi, we have just had the exact same thing happen to our Ecobubble washing machine - stopped midway through cycle, completely dead. When I went to check if the fuse had blown, I found this: 

41276EC0-E3FF-4F31-A713-52AFAC5E366B.jpeg144CE29D-328D-4A18-9FBB-33201E1C6824.jpeg

the machine is out of warranty, but from this thread it seems to be more common than I thought. 

Any advice appreciated. 

0 Likes