Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Hub Won't Update to V6

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 01:03 PM)
danbloor
First Poster
Options

Hi

I had a message on my screen a few weeks ago but it seems to be stuck at Tizen v4 - under about the update section states "Latest version software already installed" and the update button is greyed out.

I've tried a factory reset and made sure all apps are already up to date, but its still the same.

I tried speaking to Samsung Appliance support via Live Chat however they insisted I needed to speak to the SmartThings support team and gave me their email address. SmartThings support are insisting it's an issue for the Appliance support team, so I'm now stuck. Is there anyone on here from Samsung that can help please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @danbloor 

Did you manage to get this sorted out? If not, it's definitely one for our SmartThings support team, who you can contact by email at support@smartthings.co.uk.

danbloor
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris

Unfortunately not. That’s the email address I’ve been using and both Jake and Hannah are adamant that they can’t help. 

Is this something you can escalate for me please?

0 Likes
harrythecoolb
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever get this fixed if so how as i am now currently having the same issue

0 Likes
danbloor
First Poster
Options

No, Samsung support is useless. Appliance support team say to speak to SmartThings support, SmartThings support say I need to speak to the Appliance Support team.

I gave up and will just avoid Samsung for appliances in future.  

0 Likes
Haddemus
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I have been waiting long time for the Tizen 6 update (from Tizen 4) to my RS68N8941SL/EF Family Hub Fridge. 

I called to Samsung support earlier this year and they had no information of possible updates in our region (Finland).

Gladly today 4.8.2022 update suggestion came to the Fridge, updated and now running Tizen 6 👍

0 Likes