Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Hub software update

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 12:00 PM)
Rossy1001
Student
Options

I have a Family Hub RS68N8941 Family Hub (fridge/freezer) running Family Hub 5.0 (Tizen 4.0) software.

I understand that new software (Family Hub 6.0) was due to be released at the end of April, but no updates are available on my device.

Does anyone know when this will be released??? I also assume it will be compatible with a  fridge that is less than 12 months old!!

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
Paul_HL
Samsung Pro
Options

HI,

The updates normally come out in June each year. Fhub 6 was launched on the new models that came out in April. Most others will receive it OTA update  in June.

Thanks

Paul

Rossy1001
Student
Options

Anyone have any idea on when this update will be released??

0 Likes
dxm5482
First Poster
Options

Ever since I did the Samsung Family Hub, My Family home screen was wiped out, Tried to rebuild it but only can add 6 photos, I used to be able to add 12 .. Can Samsung fix this, please ....

0 Likes
Nick Mallinson
First Poster
Options

Hi Rossy

I’m in the same position, did you ever manage to get the new v6 installed?

Thanks

0 Likes
Rossy1001
Student
Options

No - still waiting!

0 Likes
Nick Mallinson
First Poster
Options

I’ll try and contact Samsung this coming week and report back. Cheers

0 Likes
Nick Mallinson
First Poster
Options

Sorry one final question. Is yours Smart recipes app working fine? All the images seemed to have disappeared within the widget including the notification pop up.

0 Likes
Rossy1001
Student
Options

Sorry only just saw this. I don’t use the recipes app so wouldn’t know if working correctly.  When I open though it looks like it is all fine. 

Did you get anywhere with Samsung? I would really like to get the update!!

0 Likes
Eamont
Student
Options

Ah I have this very issue also, have been on to samsung for near two months, bounced from smart things team to home appliances team. So have logged a complaint and apparently they're to send an engineer out😂 now its plain obvious it's a bug in the app, but the tizen system on the fridge won't even let me uninstall the app, I've tried clearing the cache. Have also gone into settings, about family hub and hit the software version 10 times, which brings you into system rescue mode, have ran correct filesystem, and also tried factory data reset, no luck at all sorting the widget. Tried software update but none available, still on tizen 4.0. 

0 Likes