Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family hub RF56M9540SR/EU smart things poor integration with nest

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 06:59 PM)
Rambo2k21
Apprentice
Options

Hi 

I'm using a Samsung RF56M9540SR/EU smart fridge, recently smart things extended support for nest products but it seems there's limited support for Google nest cameras.

My fridge doesn't get notifications when my nest hello doorbell has been pressed and it doesn't show any video feed, via notifications or accessing the smart things app directly on the fridge. 

My camera is visible on smart things and it works on my Samsung phone via the smart things app, but on the fridge it doesn't do anything when I click on it to view the video feed. 

Please sort this out. This fridge is expensive and yet its so limited with what it can do, I really want this sorted out.

Thanks. 

16 REPLIES 16
Rambo2k21
Apprentice
Options
Any updates on this from Samsung? This still hasn't been resolved!!
Najeeb Faruqui
Student
Options

Hello, 

I have the same issue and I have talked to the online agent from Samsung Support technical support page and they couldn't solve the issue. She advised me to email support@smartthings.ca . I have emailed them last week and waiting for their response. Mine is showing Nest doorbell view but leggy. When I click on it. It gives me following error message. Please see the screen shot. 

Family Hub Dorbell when you click couble click on it.jpeg 

Rambo2k21
Apprentice
Options
Any news on this? Or is this dead in the water?
JonParker
First Poster
Options

Have come here for the same issue. No video feed, just a black screen then after 3-4 seconds another invitation to 'press play to see the video'

Poor effort Samsung. Let's see some movement on this please.

4Don
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG, come on! Having purchased a new house, I'm now on the market for a good fridge, cannot lie but the Samsung Family Hub fridge sounds good, if it does have the full support for the nest doorbell and the cameras. By saying "full support", I mean it actually working, not having issues previously described by users on this thread. 

I seriously urge SAMSUNG to pull their finger out and start acting somehow professional, and address this issue! This was meant to be solved a year, or so ago!

0 Likes
Xpdninja
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Why we cannot get this integrated to work properly still! Purchased this family hub fridge and was hoping this nest hello would be seamless!

Samsung please look into this. When someone rings the next hello bell it should display in the fridge as well. 

0 Likes
Wellers
Journeyman
Options

In the market for a smart doorbell and would prefer to get a Nest over a Ring but like everyone else that seems impossible.

Would have been good for SmartThings/Samsung to respond but I have found this post over on the Google forums which doesn't sound very promising at all: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Apps-Account/Trying-to-integrate-Google-nest-doorbell-to-Sams...

If SmartThings recognise Nest doorbells then it's dumb if they can't be integrated into a screen on a fridge. Sigh.