Did you mean: 

Family Hub - awaiting software update 7.0

(Topic created on: 17-03-2023 04:10 AM)
Yve2
Student
Options

Hello , I have a Samsung fridge freezer RS6HA8880 S9/EU  with software : 

Tizen 6.0 (AFH-EU-M64-22-XXXXMU 20220905_052654) RS8000A V1

it does not have Samsung TV Plus App, we are unable to watch Netflix on it due to the browser not supporting it…. All these things were advertised as being able to do. It turns out we need software version 7.0. Does anyone have this software version as yet? Apparently it was released in Korea on 8th March’23 and should be available now. Does anyone know when it will be available in the UK? This new fridge freezer only arrived on 7th March’23 having recently purchased it, and already it doesn’t carry standard key features advertised. Disappointing to have a new product and it does not do what it says on the tin.

10 REPLIES 10
iamallyniam
First Poster
Options
I'd also be interested in finding out when v7.0 is being released for eu/uk markets
Mishi75
First Poster
Options

I would like to know that as well, it was advertised with Alexa as well in the Netherlands but it doesn’t show. This is a serious let down from Samsung’s side which is pretty disappointing!

AureoCH
First Poster
Options

Also in Switzerland it still shows Tizen 6.0. I want to be able to use the SmartThings dongle but to do that I need Tizen 7 at least.

Any updates when it is released? Anyone knows how to force it?

Simz
First Poster
Options
Any word on update ?
Members_yZpfD0j
First Poster
Options

Also waiting for this onr. US is already on 8.0 now .. 

XD Andy
Apprentice
Options

+1

wanted smartthings integration, and need 7 or 8 for dongle to work.

can we get an eta please?

WilliamPerry
First Poster
Options

Just bought a RS6HA8891SL/EU. Immediately received update to Tizen 6.0. Not sure why US markets have version 8.0 and EU/UK are lagging behind. I've had a read through other posts and other appear to have had a nightmare upgrading recently. Wonder if this could be the reason why updates are behind. I'd also like to know if my fridge is likely to receive an update to introduce new apps etc.

0 Likes
XD Andy
Apprentice
Options

Kind of given up at the moment. 

there hasn’t been any feedback from Samsung on this; really surprised given that smarthome integration is flagship tech for them. 

hope to see updates but not holding my breath at all

dragan18
First Poster
Options

Any news on updating to version 7 or version 8? I don't understand why in europe is not available just like in the US. Why are they more important than the rest of us. We sould also be treated as customers. We bought the ***** fridge, and smartphones, and other samsung products. So give us the update.

0 Likes