Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EcoBubble Washing Machine Paddle removal - WW8080K6610QW

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 03:15 PM)
pdanson
Apprentice
Options

HI,

Does anyone know how to remove a broken paddle from the inside of the drum?  The end has cracked and has damaged clothes.  have tried pushing / pulling but the paddle is still tightly fitted and am not sure what the process to remove it is.  Is there a tab somewhere to press down or some special technique to remove it? 

Thanks in anticpation.

Peter

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
milk2sugarsplz
Explorer
Options
there is generally a tab that needs gently pushing down. The access to this tab is through one of the holes in the middle of the paddle. you'll need a cut down wire coat hanger or something like that. I'm not sure which hole it is, but it will be towards the end of the paddle. Once the tab is pushed down you the slide the paddle back or forwards.
pdanson
Apprentice
Options

many thanks for the extremely prompt response. Am trying to locate a thin enough screwdriver but coat hanger might work.

0 Likes
pdanson
Apprentice
Options

So I found a thin screwdriver and have poked and felt around all the holes pushed  down what I thought felt like a tab, but the paddle doesn't shift forward or back.

With a bit of effort we have clipped away some of the existing plastic, but the middle 2 "posts" next to each other (shown on the new one below) seem to be really tightly fixed to the drum - as if screwed in, is this possible?

pdanson_0-1614957148088.png

0 Likes
milk2sugarsplz
Explorer
Options
knowing samsung it wouldn't surprise me that they have used a screw! which if that's the case you will not be able to replace the paddle without having access to the outer drum.
As a white goods engineer I've fortunately never had to change a samsung paddle, but I've replaced many others and they do not have screws.
Have you searched YouTube to see if there is a video on it?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@pdanson: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your washing machine. I should make you aware that attempting to modify or repair the machine yourself can affect your warranty, therefore I recommend reaching out to one of our Support Centres to arrange for an authorised engineer to inspect the device. To find your nearest one, please check the link below, select 'Home Appliance > Laundry' and enter your post code. I understand that this isn't ideal, and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
pdanson
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I have searched, before I found this Community but not found anything specific to Samsung Washing Machine.  Thanks for your advice.

0 Likes
pdanson
Apprentice
Options

@Andrewl Thanks  - it is out of warranty anyway.  Trying to find out how the paddle is attached to determine if it is possible to self replace or will need a repair person.

0 Likes
pdanson
Apprentice
Options

Thanks  - it is out of warranty anyway.  Trying to find out how the paddle is attached to the drum to determine if it is possible to self replace or will need a repair person.  

0 Likes
pdanson
Apprentice
Options

It does appear that the paddles are held in by a screw/screws.  Will be following up with appliance repair people. 

0 Likes