Did you mean: 

Ecobubble stopping midcycle

(Topic created on: 13-04-2022 09:19 PM)
lauralau1
Apprentice
Options

Ecobubble washing machine WW80J5555FX/EU 

stops mid cycle

i've done all the suggested tricks - calibration, turn on / off, empty hot wash, clean filter but the machine does not consistently work - maybe works without pausing 60% of time  

I wish the thing would either work all the time or completely break - its driving me potty have to keep pressing the pause button (keeps me fit running up and down the stairs) 

Is there anything I have missed or should i admit defeat and get a new NON samsung washing machine??

Thanks

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @lauralau1 

That's not what we like to hear! Have you checked out the troubleshooting steps, shown on page 50 of the user manual here?

0 Likes
liamjh
Student
Options
liamjh
Student
Options
Strange....that thread has been deleted.
lauralau1
Apprentice
Options

i have read a page and it seems to be a common problem - i think that i will just accept defeat - throw the washing machine to landfill (such a waste) and either try an LG or go back to my beloved bosch/siemens. 

I completely accept that things go wrong but surely if there are known problems on these machines Samsung would do the decent thing.  doing the 'right thing' only helps to build brand loyalty and a good reputation.

It would be interesting to see how many people are not buying Samsung again?

0 Likes
lauralau1
Apprentice
Options

I have done all the 'self help' options 

I think the best way i can help myself is to purchase a new washing machine it appears that Samsung don't want to take responsibility for something which appears to affect many machines (and I do not have the time or energy to do battle) 

I wonder how many people have moved away from Samsung products after this?  The other month we were looking for a sound bar for our TV and i would not even entertain listening to one, we needed a new fridge freeze i went with LG and that pattern will repeat itself all because of Samsung not owning up to a known problem with their washing machines!

0 Likes
PSully
Apprentice
Options

Same boat. Seems Samsung know these machines are defective but can't/won't change production lines.

My faith in the brand is broken over this, €600 on a washing machine and its been troublesome from the beginning and now dead after a little over 2 years.

0 Likes
Members_zFSFnxa
First Poster
Options

We are in the same boat we spent over £600.00 on a new Eco bubble washer dryer back in July 2020, twice in the first 2 years we have had the dryer assembly replaced under warranty then a few months ago the machine started to behave erratically like stopping mid cycle, not spinning properly , on a spin only cycle stopping with 1 minute left and starting the wash cycle and then the drum jerks a few times but doesn't move. Thinking it might be the drum contacted customer service who wont accept liability until an engineers report states it. Got out their recommended service agent who said the main board has gone and this is te issue. Spoke to customer service again who have said machine is out of 2 year warranty 'not our problem anymore' . I mean seriously !!!!!! Now having looked there were known problems in 2017, 18 & 19 and in 2021 a year after we bought our Samsung have now extended the warranty to 5 years so fess up you know there is a problem with these machines. Going to try my luck with the with this little nugget from the Sale and Supply of Goods Act  - A buyer has the ‘right to reject’ goods and, if they so wish, to bring the sale contract to an end (Sale of Goods Act 1979). This will enable the buyer to refuse to pay, or to demand a refund. For non-consumer sales, the goods must be shown to be defective to the extent that rejection is reasonable.  

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

even on the later machines (series 5 etc) to get your 5 years warrant you have to go to their website to fill out /register your machine's serial number to avail of the 5 years warrant (which I have done on ours ) - so did you register your new washing machine with samsung when you first bought it by going onto their website to get the 5 years warranty can you remember? 

0 Likes
lauralau1
Apprentice
Options

i dont remember  if i registered the machine.  I had a samsung engineer out (twice i think) within the first few weeks of it being installed (curry's wouldn't help as they said it was an installation issue as i never took their installation option - i had a fully qualified plumber install!) so i remember ringing Samsung and sending them videos of the machine and they sent an engineer round.    

0 Likes