Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecobubble making a screaming/whining noide when turning the drum manually & when washing

(Topic created on: 09-08-2021 02:22 PM)
NathalieM
Student
Options

Hi - my ecobubble is making a strange whining noise (sounds like faint screaming children / car tires screeching) - when it turns the washing load and when empty and I turn the drum manually. I have cleaned the filters (they are cleaned regularly & I run the drum clean cycle when alerted to) - any ideas? Here's a short video to better show you:

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Sounds like the rubber drive belt is the issue.
0 Likes
NathalieM
Student
Options

Thanks. Can I do anything to check/resolve this myself?

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Somebody will need to take the back off the machine, then check the state of the actual drive belt. If you have somebody that is competent, get them to confirm its the belt first, then measure the size of the belt. After that, you can order a new one online, and fit it at home. If you don't feel confident about doing this, see if a local handyman can fix this. Going to an actual washing machine engineer might be costly. However, if the machine is still under warranty, get a Samsung-trained engineer to do the work for you.
Tas
First Poster
Options

I took the back off. And put it on spin only, the belt is fine, drum isn’t spinning, the motor wasn’t  turning (just a whine) Gave the motor spindle 7 light taps with a small hammer. Working now!  (7 taps only, lucky number) 😂

Remember to unplug from power before opening up the back