Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco bubble washing machine keeps pausing mid cycle

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 10:33 PM)
Finkleberry
Student
Options

Washing machine has suddenly started pausing mid cycle - WF80F5E0W4W eco bubble 8kg

Machine has been brilliant until just started doing this yesterday....I thought I had accidentally knocked it and when I pressed start/pause it fired up again?!

I cleared drain this evening and recalibrated the machine but problem still persists. 

Can anyone shed any light on this issue for me? I could really do without the expense of an engineer while I am furloughed 😕

51 REPLIES 51
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @Finkleberry,

Could you confirm how long into the cycle did it stop and which cycle were you using? Try calibrating the machine, check this page here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/home-appliances/how-do-i-run-calibration-mode-on-my-samsung-washi... for full steps on how to do this.

0 Likes
Finkleberry
Student
Options
Hi Tess.

I was using daily cycle with extra soak and rinse plus. Total time 1:46
Machine stopped on 1:34 last night and 56 or 54 this morning.

I have already cleared drain and calibrated machine.

Thank you
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That's quite strange!

How long have you had your washing machine for? Keep in mind that washing machines are covered under a  24months warranty from the date of purchase.

You can contact Samsung HERE to arrange an inspection and/or repair. 

0 Likes
DO19
First Poster
Options
Hi my washing machine also started doing this, on a Daily Wash cycle, no error code just stops. To make it continue the cycle, I push the pause button twice. But it will stop again at random intervals.
I now put on the 15 minute Quick Wash, then Rinse and Spin, and this completes the cycle no problem. There seems to be a problem with the Daily Wash program. Will try other cycles to see if it works on them.
REC1
First Poster
Options

It is a known fault which they won't accept The PCB board on your machine is faulty.  lots of threads about these machine stopping mid cycle

rob1987
First Poster
Options

Something else is going on with mine. It does exactly what you described, pausing randomly on any cycle with a light load but 2 pcbs, the drum  + bearings and heater have all been replaced whilst under warranty and it's started doing it again a few months later but now it's out of warranty. any ideas would be welcome there's not much left of the original machine! 

Jeremy588
Apprentice
Options

I have been seeing this problem on the EcoBubble, regularly stalling mid cycle with no error code.  The last test was to run though on a hot - Baby  - wash once, the machine has now cycled 3 times without error.  My theory is that we are a little heavy with the fabric softener and this has led to a viscous build up of sludge between the fixed and rotating parts of the drum potentially blocking some of the sensors, the hot wash clears the sludge.  

This is not a definitive diagnosis, I am an Engineer not working for any white goods manufacturer, but has some logic and it would be interesting to see if this assists others seeing this fault.  It is a lot cheaper to try this technique and fits with being seen regularly as there is a move to low temperature washing.

DavidC
Student
Options

MY conclusion is that these washing machines have several intrinsic design flaws which impact their durability as an appliance. I have just returned the WW80K5413UX/EU we bought 12 months ago to the reseller for a refund following 4 months of issues, i.e. erratic wash cycle duration changes, continuous spinning, 2 failed main PCBs. I have been very disappointed with Samsung as they must know the root cause of the issues but appear to be motivated only to get their service agent to swap parts until the warranty expires.

If you are reading this prior to buying a Samsung washing machine, I would encourage you strongly not to.

Moo1969
Journeyman
Options

I am horrified.  I spent so long researching to get a good machine and spent £550, i've had it some years but only do 1 wash every week or 2 weeks so it has not even done 300 washes and it keeps doing the same thing.  I have found pages from customers regarding the same issue and the motherboard being the problem.  Even engineers have said it's a common fault due to a number of reasons with the mother board and design flaws.  I am absolutely disgusted that such a large company are aware of this but they are not happy to deal with it 😞