Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco bubble washing machine door seal shredded

(Topic created on: 04-01-2023 08:36 PM)
Lynzlou
Apprentice
Options

My eco bubble washing machine is 19 months old and today I did a normal load of washing. Just baby clothes. Not over or underloaded. When the wash finished I noticed grey rubble powder on all the clothing and one of the baby gros had ripped. I noticed the entire door seal had shredded. Nothing was stuck in the door when it was closed. I've had the odd sock get in the seal in previous loads but thought Nothing of it. Now my washer is a mess and can't be used. States under warranty damage is not covered but how can baby clothes damage any washer. Isn't that what washers are for? Has this happened to others? Should the warranty cover this?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

what temperature do you wash baby clothes at? 90'c - I am not saying that the rubber seal cannot handle high temperature on a regular basis because it should do, but this could be a reason.

another reason is what (if any) detergents or Softeners and additives are you adding to your washes? - could the chemicals in these be 'eating away' at the rubber door seal and disintegrating it? - are you using just normal washing and detergent and not using any bleach or bleaching agents?

0 Likes
Lynzlou
Apprentice
Options
Just a normal 40 wash and normal detergent in non bio.
TQ123
First Poster
Options

We’ve got the same problem with the Ecobubble. We bought ours in June 2022, so it’s not even 6 months old.

We don’t overload the machine or do anything unusual with it, I just think they’re not very good machines. Our last one lasted nearly 5 years but did the same thing and Samsung wouldn’t honour the warranty.

0 Likes
Lynzlou
Apprentice
Options
Had someone come out from Samsung and they have replaced the seal free of charge so I am happy. So if anyone else has this issue give them a call and they should cover it.
0 Likes
Tom Barson
Apprentice
Options

Did you have to pay and the engineer did a report and you were refunded the repair cost? Same things happened to me re the door but 2 years old 

0 Likes
Lynzlou
Apprentice
Options
I rang Samsung and explained I was not willing to pay as it was not wear and tear as it should wash clothing as its a washing machine. They agreed to cover the cost on the call and they contacted the engineer before he came out to state no charge. The engineer stated it can happen with the new smart type washing machines and he had seen it a few times.
0 Likes
Tom Barson
Apprentice
Options

Did you call them back after they had booked the engineer? They’ve said to me that I have to pay but if the engineer says it is a manufacturer fault I won’t have to. Shall I ring them back tomorrow and say it’s not wear and tear. It’s a washing machine and it should wash clothes and that taking clothes in and out is what you do with a washing machine. 

0 Likes
Lynzlou
Apprentice
Options
Yes I called them back after the engineer was already booked. I explained what I had in the washer at the time. That it wasn't overloaded or underloaded. That I used normal washing detergents etc and was on a normal 40 wash. They apologised on the phone that my clothing had been damaged by the washer as it had ripped the baby clothing that got into the door seal and said there would be no charge. The engineer did a history electrical test to see if the machine had misjudged itself and had logged something that can show a malfunction and it had a couple of times. Don't know the technical term he said. But when engineer came I did double check before he started that it would be free and he said yes that samsung were covering it under warranty.
0 Likes
MissyElliot
Student
Options

Hi Lynzlou

I have an identical issue with my eco bubble machine, except mine was 20 months old at the time the seal completely disintegrated. I have been on the phone to Samsung for nearly 2 hours today and they are refusing to send out an engineer without me paying for the call out. Please tell me who/which department you spoke to to get them to replace your seal free of charge?

Thanks 🙏🏻

0 Likes