Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco Bubble seal detached from drum?

(Topic created on: 25-01-2020 06:13 PM)
AliceG16
First Poster
Options

Hi! Before I agree to have an engineer come out and end up having to pay out can someone confirm for me that the seal has detached from the drum of the washing machine. My partner and I can't agree.

Today I did a normal wash load, not particularly big as we are drying inside. When I opened the washing machine I noticed lots of small grey plastic bits around the seal, I thought maybe I'd put something through the wash but the more I looked I thought that the rough seam round the seal wasn't something normal? So I think that the seal has detached from the drum, my partner however thinks something has got stuck between the seal and drum (in a gap that's always been there he thinks) and rubbed it causing the little bits of plastic.

Who's right? And does it need an engineer to fix or not?

Thank you! 15799756408053242226829240346079.jpg

15799756654317194493281039831769.jpg

1579975727129994456374070426469.jpg

68 REPLIES 68
LynneK
Journeyman
Options

Keep chasing them to get your repair. You are still in your 12 month warranty, during which the retailer is legally responsible for repair. My repair magically became free after getting the retailer involved. Try to use some written method rather than phone for records. If you need to get the repair done quickly, you could tell Samsung in writing that you will be seeking to recover your costs in the small clams court. Samsung are definitely on the wrong side of consumer law with their approach. 

IRate0
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks. Retailer has offered to carry out repair for £99 and is adamant that it is operator-error. As we urgently need machine for my mother’s care needs will pursue this after repair carried out. Forum is useful for showing not an isolated issue. Wish we had kept noisy Bosch…

Muz MM
Student
Options

Hi Did you have an 5 years warranty if so did Samsung repair this? 

0 Likes
IRate0
Apprentice
Options

Yes had registered 5yr-warranty but retailer & Samsung adamant that it was operator error. Apparently engineer may have some discretion. Wrote to consumer press but got no traction.

Disapointed
Navigator
Options

Am having the same problem with Samsung.  Never encountered before they need to take ownership we should start a class action to sue Samsung

Davewalshucc
Student
Options

Class action? Sue? Do you not think you’re over reacting a bit. Mine had a bit of rubber come off at the start but fine now, no leak and no issue. Maybe chill a bit…. How is it effecting you? 

0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

The metal wire sharp end pierced the seal worked through rubber and went loose and runined my wooden floor with water. Many others have had problems with the samsung  rubber seal that they have never experienced in decades of other washing  machines. Samsung blames customers- look how other posters have used the words 'fight' etc. Many belive there is an inherent fault with the rubber seals.

Disapointed
Navigator
Options

share opinion on social media  not just this PR containment site and fill out form on BBC Watchdog web page

0 Likes
Britain2021
Apprentice
Options
This has happened to me.John Lewis & Samsung are not taking responsibility for it .As it seems in my case I have undeload the machine hence the problem with the rubber seal.Was told to read the manual.It is a lot of work for a washing machine.
0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

Send an letter before legal action to John Lewis you have up to six years from purchase under English consumer law. In addition to the principles of consumer law mention the contract you had was breached too.   Easier before 6 months from purchase but still easy. If you have paid by credit outline the same to them they are jointly liable with JL they often pay.

Samsung tried to make me pay £120 for a  door seal repair, so I bought a second hand machine for less than £120 constructively outlined legal process to retailer and theyrefunded in full within two weeks went on  to buy a Siemens instead.  Also got £40 from Samsung. They got of lightly! Never will buy Samsung again

0 Likes